“Fashion is the most powerful Art there is. It’s Movement, Design, and Architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we would like to be.”
Among the plethora of courses that JD Institute Cochin has to proffer, B.Sc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management is one of them. The course comprises the practical discipline that the field demands as well as a rigorous hands-on exposure about the various complexities of the Fashion Domain. Students on the completion of the course will be equipped with design thinking and creative problem-solving strategies along with credible industry exposure which will help them create a rock solid career in the field of Fashion design. They will also develop an understanding of sustainable issues within fashion design and will be engaged to bring innovative practices.
The three-year course of BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Cochin:
- Emphasizes on a mix of theoretical learning and practical training oriented by the standards of the Fashion Industry
- Inculcates the aesthetics of Fashion Design to create masterpieces for any and all consumers
- Focuses on the integral elements of Fashion Design and Garment Management ranging from fabric analysis, principles of design, fashion illustration, pattern-making and garment construction
- Develops the idea of deliberating on the evolving trends, contemporary norms, cultural dynamics and innovations of the Fashion Industry in both, Indian and International market
- Provides opportunities to students to attain visibility by showcasing their artistic collections in front of renowned and established personalities of the Fashion Industry.
- JD Institute Cochin is committed to providing you with an education that strongly links formal learning with professional practice.
- Assess, master, and apply various techniques related to drafting, draping, and constructing of garments.
- Develop a systematic, critical approach to problem solving through design thinking.
- Articulate and the ability to churn innovative ideas in the field of Art and Design.
- Attain a strong sense of imaginative thinking and forecasting to create trends.
- Apply their theoretical knowledge in practical surroundings within the Fashion industry
- Relate fashion design and its applications to a broader socio economic and environmental context.
B.Sc in Fashion Design and Garment Management offers a wide range of career opportunities. Here is a list of diverse career opportunities that one could branch out into after the completion of the course.
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Journalist
- Fashion Photographer
- Fashion Publicist (Promotion and PR)
- Costume Designer
- Trend Forecaster
- Sustainability Compliance Officer
- Quality Control Manager
- Fashion Consultant
- Production Manager Draper
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Forecaster
- Fashion Curator
- Visual Merchandiser.
The BSc. Degree in Fashion Design and Garment Management offered by JD Institute provides:
- A chance to study and explore your imagination with the state of the art facilities, equipped with modern technologies and industry driven affiliations and connect.
- International and global exposure
- To outreach and grow with various industry connecting and network
- Internship and placement assistance with top and well-recognized brands.
- An opportunity or a platform to showcase at various external fashion shows, and design events and seminars.
- A chance to showcase one’s collections during the JD Annual Design Awards, which is recognized as one of the top fashion awards in India
How We Teach?
Every designer has a particular creative process and we are here to help churn the best out of their Imagination. We provide students with a round about various nuances of Fashion Design and Garment Management. Here, at JD Institute of Fashion Technology, we devote our importance at inculcating design as more of an approach than just a subject in order to understand and apply the principles of design. The teaching proficiency is dedicated towards being able to deliver the students, a comprehensible curriculum with Design solutions. To make it more interesting and insightful, Design seminars, Workshops, are conducted as well as students are taken to Fashion shows, Industry Visits and various Fashion oriented talks shows for industry exposure and expertise. We mould students to become not just successful Fashion Designers but Conscious Designers by instilling the perspectives of Sustainability and Conscious Living. At JD, we believe Fashion Design is more than just clothes and accessories. Towards the end of the course the students are given a credible platform, JD Annual Design Awards where they exhibit their Innovative ideas and collections by putting their theoretical and practical knowledge gained through the course into perspective and gear themselves into becoming professional experts in the Fashion Domain.