The Diploma in Fashion Design is a 1 year fast-track weekend course that is curated for the convenience and quick understanding of the basics that is involved in becoming a fashion designer. This course offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology will help the student understand the basics of pattern-making, draping, design thinking that is involved in creating a collection or individual garment.
Through this program, the student will be taking back a curated portfolio that will help in showcasing their creative skill set that they have developed over the course of the program. The course also educates students in CAD, which is one among the main skill sets that is required to be a part of the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge in CAD, pattern-making and Garment Construction
- Understanding of foundational theories and practical exercises.
- Essential skills in illustrations of garment and detailings
- The process of design thinking
- Creation of digital illustrations with the help of Adobe software.
Diploma in Fashion Design enables the aspiring designer to:
- Evolve and comprehend the fundamentals of Fashion Design, and research new ways of working that expand its scope and possibilities.
- Progress to a freethinking creative recognition by using their knowledge to design a collection of their own collection as well as question the relevance of their creative practice.
- The knowledge and understanding about design collections informed by the current trends along with the interpretation of future trends with the help of Fashion forecasting.
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Columnist & Writer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Retail Merchandiser
- Retail Buyer
The Diploma in Fashion Design weekend program is:
- Developed to specifically fast-track the course for fashion design aspirants who are looking to make a mark through a short term program.
- The program is supported by state of the art facility, modern technology, and industry driven accreditations
- Helps developing a creative and critical thinking abilities and provide the students with a place to unfold their imagination
- Fashion Theory
- Fashion Thinking and Design Process
- Fashion Illustration
- Art and Costume Appreciation
- Textile Appreciation
- Textile Wet processing
- Fabric Manipulation & ornamentation
- Fahion Styling
- Botique Management and entrepreneurship
- CAD – Photoshop and AI
- Fashion Merchandising & Sourcing
- Visual Merchandising &Retail Styling
- Pattern Drafting
- Garment Manufacturing Technology
- Workshop (forecasting/retail/sales and marketing)