JD Institute of Fashion Technology offerS a three-year Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Design that introduces students to the in depth workings of fine jewellery design. The extensive course structure encourages the students to explore and experiment new possibilities of industry. The advanced diploma course enables students to find their own creative identity and equips them with the skill needed to be pioneers of their practice.
Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Design provides students with the aptitude and the skill – technical as well as creative – to conceptualise and create innovative jewellery. Following a global pedagogy, the program covers drawing and rendering; design thinking; metallurgy and gemology; recognition of the market, CAD knowledge along with other new age tech learnings and a strong portfolio development. Training in digital mediums and industry-related exposure, along with participation in JD Design Awards help develop their skill and capability to meet the demands of the industry.
Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Equips the learner to understand the creative process, technical expertise and analytical aptitude required to create jewellery.
- Provides functional knowledge of various materials, fabrication techniques, compositions, and market trends related to the design of fine jewellery.
- Helps the learner identify traditional and new-age jewellery drafting techniques.
- Develops the creative identity and helps the student define areas of specialisation.
- Acquire the technical know-how needed to commence one’s career in the industry of fine jewellery designing.
Post completion of Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Design, student will be able to:
- Understand cultural and historical contexts related to the art of jewellery design. This helps them define the scope of their practice and create work that is responsive and responsible.
- Develop a personal creative identity; identify areas of interest and specialisation.
- Develop appropriate methodologies for research, design, and the manufacture of jewellery through an approach that supports innovation, experimentation and exploration.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of materials, their properties and application within the scope of fine jewellery design.
- Develop industry linkages and gain industry and career opportunities.
- Design and exhibit their own jewellery collection.
- CAD Jewellery Designer
- Manual Jewellery Designer
- Jewellery Retoucher
- Jewellery Setter
- Bench Jeweller
- Diamond Grader
- Gem Polisher
- Jewel Business Owner
Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion and Technology provides:
- A chance to study in a state-of-the-art facility, equipped with ultra-modern technology and industry driven accreditations.
- Gain international exposure through active participation in various activities of the institute.
- Internship and placement opportunities with recognised luxury brands.
- A chance to showcase one’s collections during the JD Design Awards, which is recognised as one of the top fashion awards in India.
- Fundamentals of Art
- Foundation Art Studies
- Art Appreciation
- Material Studies
- Image Making
- History of Jewellery
- Jewellery Findings
- India & International Market
- Computer Aided Design 1 – Photoshop
- Workshop 1
- Design Thinking & Process
- Jewellery Cost & Budgeting
- Computer Aided Design 2 – Illustrator
- Workshop 2
- Jewellery Illustration & Rendering Techniques
- Diamond Identification & Grading
- Diamond Identification & Grading (Practical)
- Manufacturing Techniques
- 3D Graphics – Rhino
- Workshop 3
- Orthographic Drawing
- Budget Based Design & Illustration
- Industry project/ case study
- Marketing Management & Consumer Behaviour
- Visual Merchandising
- Workshop 4
- Entrepreneurship & Professional Practices
- Graduation Project