WORK WITH US
We value working with people who are humble, curious, and smart. At JD Institute, curiosity means eager for personal and professional growth and a commitment to support others in their development as we work together to build an educational force that matters. It’s not easy to do what we aspire to do. Sometimes the work is hard and hours are long. But working with great people in pursuit of an audacious goal makes it worthwhile.
Assistant Professor - English
Job Description :
JD Institute of Fashion Technology,Bangalore is looking for an Assistant Professor- English for the Language Department. The ideal Candidate must have a passion for the English language and the field of education along with previous experience as an English Faculty in a College. The Candidate should be ready to assist with the development and execution of education plans. Must have strong communication skills, be extremely fluent in the language along with being tech-savvy. The position is for immediate joining.
Job Roles & Responsibilities :
- Adhere to the curriculum as set by Bangalore University and meet the quality and educational standards and regulations of the department standards.
- Prepare quality lesson plans, learning goals and learning support materials
- Arrange educational activities
- Evaluate, monitor, mentor student academic progress and provide feedback to students.
- Participate in departmental and college activities.
- Assess, review and evaluate student activities and progress.
- Conducting classes online as and when required
- Challenge thinking and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
- Serve and support the functional activities of departmental committees.
- Ability to work effectively with students and faculty
- Contributing to the continuous development and improvement of learning and teaching across the institute.
Skills,Qualification and Experience :
- At least 2 years of teaching experience as an English Faculty in a College
- MA in English Literature or any equivalent (PhD Candidates will be given preference)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in teaching assigned courses to undergraduate and graduate students
- Knowledge of student assessment process
- Ability to compile lesson plans efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer skills like MSOffice mandatory
- Knowledge of how to use PPT mandatory
Assistant Professor - Garment Construction, Pattern Making & Draping
The Fashion Design program at JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore and Goa seeks qualified Candidates for a full-time position, in the rank of an Assistant Professor. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a broad understanding of GMT, Pattern Making and Draping as well as exceptional teaching, research, and leadership abilities. We encourage candidates with multidisciplinary interests and expertise to apply.
Candidate who has good sense of pattern-making/draping knowledge in Indian wear, Western wear, Menswear, Kids wear would be given an additional advantage during the selection process.
Drafting, Patternmaking, Grading, Garment Stitching (GMT), Hand Embroidery, Traditional Embroidery, Theory Practical.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons to the classes they are assigned to teach within the context of the Institute’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work.
- Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of the students.
- The Candidate is expected to mentor the students towards the course, curriculum, industry market and guide them towards the right direction.
- Must keep a track of all the course details, submission and attendance of the students as per the university/institute guidelines and requirements.
- Preparing and creating content for the syllabus or a module and updating it on our Learning Management System (LMS) regularly.
- Create an interface with industry through workshops and seminars and assist students with placements and internships.
- Be a part of all the design events, co-curricular activities and encourage students for the same.
- Active involvement in our Annual events, Design Awards and coming up with creative ideas and innovations.
- Any other committee or panel work as per the need for the smooth functioning of the department.
- Be a part of the live industry projects, seminars and external fashion shows when allotted and asked by the institute to you.
Key skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Education Qualification: B.Sc. or M.Sc. Fashion Designing
- Minimum 2 year Industry and 2 years teaching experience requirement
- The Candidate who can actively play the role of: Mentor, Trainer, Advisor, Researcher, and Educator.
- Good Vocabulary and English proficiency is a must.
- Strong leadership skills, and be able to multitask and work with enthusiasm.
- The candidate should possess excellent knowledge of GMT and Pattern Making.
- Should possess understanding from a technical perspective.
- Good team player and pro-activeness.
- Good Knowledge of the subjects.
- Fit Expert
- Sewing / construction techniques
- Understanding of both Knits and woven, Men’s and Women’s apparel
- Understanding of body types
- A cherry on the cake if the candidate is aware of Active wear/ sport’s wear and lingerie segment.
- Fabric Knowledge and Development
We would like to welcome all candidates who may wish to be a part of our team in the future when positions become available. Provide us with a cover letter explaining the reason why you would want to work with us, upload your CV and portfolio for our reference. Our Careers team will contact you by email or mobile if your role matches our requirements.