Interior Design is a multifaceted course that supports students in identifying and learning the aspects of functional design and aesthetic use of space. The B.Sc. in Interior Design course offered by JD Institute focuses on preparing students to develop an individual innovative voice; develop an understanding of the contemporary issues and concerns that face the industry and to provide effective solutions. The course develops an extensive understanding of materials, space and various design products that inform its practice. Understanding the various historical and cultural influences, along with the practice of its methodologies supported by the awareness of ergonomics and user-sensitivity forms the emphasis of the program.
The three-year course of B.Sc. in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Emphasises on learning various interior designs and spatial design methodologies, both new and established; questioning their capability in meeting the current concerns.
- Develops the ability to comprehend contemporary aspects of Interior Design through the integration of both theory and practice, and provide effective and adaptable solutions.
- Focuses on the integral elements of Interior Design such as, Colour and lighting, Furniture in interiors, Floriculture and landscaping, Consumer and merchandising, etc.
- Develops the idea of deliberating on the evolving trends, contemporary norms, cultural dynamics and innovations of Interior Design both in, Indian and International market.
- Provides opportunities to students to showcase their design work through presentations, portfolio, and exhibitions.
The B.Sc. course in Interior Design will help our students to:
- Develop a strong creative identity and creative problem-solution thinking; develop the ability to comprehend and create interior design trends and forecasts.
- Achieve the technical skills required to conceptualise and design interior spaces for homes, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- Enquire and explore the scope of theoretical knowledge in executing studio-based practical work.
- Acquire the knowledge of the different stages in Interior Designing, beginning from developing a concept to presentation.
- Develop an understanding of the various materials, products and spacial sensitivity that inform an ergonomic and empathetic approach to interior design.
- Develop the confidence of students to present their work through various presentation opportunities.
- Design Thinking
- Anthropometry and Ergonomics
- Fundamentals of Interior Design
- Construction Material
- 2D & 3D Graphics
- History of Interior Design
- Material Survey
- Furniture Design
- Interior Services
- Visual Merchandising
- Space Planning
- Construction and Detailing
- Furniture Design
- Estimation and Costing
- Working Drawing – Interior Design
- Sketch-up AND V-RAY
- Interior Design – Construction Management
- Textile and Accessories for Interiors
- 3DS MAX
- Model Making and Furniture Design
- Interior Landscaping
- Project (thesis)