JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore, Cochin and Goa offer a one-year Diploma in Fashion Business Management. The program gives students a holistic understanding of fashion business, and helps train them on skills such as problem solving, strategic planning, decision making, leadership; along with an understanding of organisational goals and competitive global market study. Students are also encouraged to identify issues and concerns of the current industry and provide innovative solutions.
Fashion industry is fast-paced and with each season it reinvents itself. Diploma in Fashion Business Management overlooks the business and management of fashion. Students are trained to make decisions that reflect the philosophy and ethics of the organisation; as well as in consumer psychology and behaviour; forecasting; and entrepreneurship. Through the curriculum students are supported to identify different aspects of fashion business management such as, setting organisational goals, understand strategic development, develop entrepreneurial vision, be involved in design management, work on creative team building, and so on. The one-year Diploma in Fashion Business Management enables its graduates to find various roles such as Fashion Brand Manager, Design Manager, Merchandiser, Production Manager, Fashion Publicist, and Buyer.
The one-year Diploma in Fashion Business Management offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Equips students with various managerial and technical skills that are necessary to gain wide career opportunities in the fashion industry today.
- Emphasises on an extensive understanding of management methodologies, fashion products, and fashion business skills.
- Provides comprehensive knowledge about different fashion products and current market trends related to fashion and lifestyle.
- Helps students get a detailed understanding about fashion marketing, innovative fashion management practices, merchandising and retailing.
- Enables students to master problem-solving, decision making and strategic planning related to Fashion and Lifestyle services.
Post completion of the Diploma in Fashion Business Management, the student will be able to:
- Acquire leadership and organisation management knowledge and the ability to have a strategic evaluation in the business of fashion.
- Identify various advanced management techniques and business understanding, along with the parameters that inform their methodologies in fashion and lifestyle.
- Understand important areas of the business of fashion such as, Media Impact, Trend Analysis, Management Practices, Consumer Behaviour and Brand Identities.
- Develop a strong skill set to manage and efficiently organise a fashion business; gain a rewarding industry relationship.
- Develop the ability and capability to manage a fashion and lifestyle business professionally, and take decisions through an approach that is empathetic and practical.
Post completion of the Diploma in Fashion Business Management, students will be able to gain work opportunity in the following roles:
- Fashion Buyer
- Design Manager
- Product Manager
- Retail Manager
- Business Development Manager
- The program through its pedagogy fosters the development of skills and aptitude needed to organise and manage an effective business whether it caters to fashion or lifestyle.
- The program develops its students for a plethora of jobs including but not limited to Merchandising, Spaces, Finance, Marketing, Event Planning, Entrepreneurial Management, Production, Distribution and Sales of Fashion products.
- Students are trained with the know-how of effective business management and risk strategies.
- Gain real-world working through industry exposure, talks, seminars and internships which help them build networks and connections.
Fashion Business Management is a comprehensive programme to launch a student of fashion with the advance management techniques and business understanding. It aims at launching a person in the multinational firms or making a person confident in managing one’s own business hours. Backed by intensive industry exposure and market research it leaves no stone unturned to make a student – An entrepreneur
- Dynamics Of Fashion Industry
- Brand Management
- Fashion Psychology And Consumer Behavior
- Research Philosophy And Ethics
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Journalism
- Retail Management
- Vendor Management
- Fashion Entrepreneurship
- Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Law
- Professional Practices