JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore, Cochin and Goa offer a one-year Diploma in Interior Design that introduces students to the fundamental methodologies that inform its practice. The program encourages the students to understand and enquire about the diversifying practice of interior design through an approach that is exploratory and experimental.
Interior Design is an evolving industry, and through the inquiry of its history, students are trained to interrogate the various parameters that inform its practice. This engagement enables the cohort to identify issues and potential concerns of the industry and formulate solutions that are effective. The curriculum covers the various nuances that inform the built environment such as an enquiry of materials, product and space design. The students are also trained in the various digital and technical tools such as CAD, 2D and 3D Graphics (Drafting) and VRAY. Through projects the students enquire the application of their classroom and studio learning and explore the scope and potential of their knowledge. The diploma also trains students to understand costing, equipping them with the skills to exercise their creative practice in a sustained and sustainable approach.
Diploma in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Equips the learner with an understanding of various interior design styles, and to explore its scope and potential.
- Helps students acquire a detailed understanding of furnishings and materials required for interior design.
- Acquaints students with the art and science of creating designs that compliment human needs and demands through an approach that is empathetic and sensitive; enquiring how utility and aesthetics inform each other.
- Encourages students to develop a creative, artistic, individual and imaginative approach towards interior design.
- Provides regular industry interaction with experts; opportunities to participate in exhibitions and workshops that enable the student to gain an in-depth knowledge of the field.
Post completion of the Diploma in Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- Identify issues and concerns of the current climate of Interior Design; ability to understand client briefs and demands with efficiency.
- Conceptualise and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- Acquire the skills and aptitude to work as: Interior Designer; Interior Visualiser; Set Designer; Interior Decorator.
Graduating with a Diploma in Interior Design opens the door for various job opportunities that are continuing to evolve and grow. These include:
- Interior designers/ interior stylists / interior decorators/ lighting designers/ landscape designer
- Start their own interior design firm/ consultancy/ studio/ material distribution
- Set designers / Exhibition designer / Visual merchandiser / Architecture journalist / Restoration & Conservation specialist / Researcher
- Develop a deep understanding of the practice of interior design and its application within different spaces and locations.
- Develop the ability to understand client briefs and come up with innovative solutions, strategies and plans with efficiency and ease.
- Develop technical and digital skills in various softwares.
- Develop understanding through internships, industry visits and exposure.
- Develop an understanding of financial planning within their practice.
- The ability to start their own career or gain further employment.
- Design Thinking
- Material Sourcing
- Design Foundation
- Space Design
- Sketchup & VRay
- Restaurant Project
- Specialization 1
- Specialization 2
- Industry Project
I completed my Diploma in Interior Design from JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore, post 4 years of Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering. Currently I am working as an Interior Designer. The course offered at JD Institute focuses on acquiring both theoretical and practical knowledge. I am proud to be associated with JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore.
Jeevan Thimmegowda –
Nice and great faculty, a very good place to improve and grow in your skillset.
Veda Ramesh –
The one year PG diploma in Interior Designing has given us the technical knowledge and understanding necessary to start off with the industry.
Rakesh ng –
I completed my Diploma in Interior Design from JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore, post 4 years of Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering. JD taught me a-lot about the career and things which are happening outside. Thank you JD for lifting me up.
Radhika sagar fulsunge –
Good institute, which has helped me learn and for better understanding of the subjects of interior designing, faculties are extremely good and they go to the depth when making a student understand, problem solving techniques adapted, new innovative way of teaching to make the students learn , good hygiene environment and well developed infrastructure , would recommend students to think of JD when planning for a interior design career.