Interior Design is an evolving industry that is sensitive to the contemporary climate. Through the enquiry of its history and through an analysis of the cultural and social parameters, students are trained to interrogate the various parameters that inform its practice. This engagement enables the cohort to identify issues and potential concerns of the industry and formulate solutions that are effective and adaptive. The curriculum covers the various nuances that inform the built environment such as an enquiry of materials, product and space design. The students are also trained in the various digital and technical tools such as CAD, 2D and 3D Graphics (Drafting) and VRAY. Through projects the students enquire the application of their classroom and studio learning and explore the scope and potential of their knowledge. The diploma also trains students to understand costing, equipping them with the skills to exercise their creative practice in a sustained and sustainable approach.
The Diploma in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Equips the learner with an understanding of various interior design styles, and to explore its scope and potential.
- Focuses on both the theoretical and technical approach in order to gain a holistic understanding of the field.
- Helps students acquire a detailed understanding of furnishings and materials required for Interior Designing.
- Acquaints students with the art and science of creating designs that compliment human needs and demands through an approach that is empathetic and sensitive; enquiring how utility and aesthetics inform each other.
- Explore the constantly evolving landscape of interior design by being aware of the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics and cultures; and investigating the various parameters that inform its practice.
- Encourages students to develop a creative, artistic, individual and imaginative approach towards interior design.
- Provides regular industry interaction with experts; opportunities to participate in exhibitions and workshops that enable the student to gain an in-depth knowledge of the field.
Post completion of the Diploma course in Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- Identify issues and concerns of the current climate of Interior Design; ability to understand client briefs and demands with efficiency, and provide solutions that are effective, innovative and adaptable.
- Conceptualize and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- Acquire the skills and aptitude to work as: Interior Designer; Interior Visualizer; Set Designer; Interior Decorator.