JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore and Cochin offers a six-month Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) that equips creative individuals with the aptitude and skill to conceptualise and create jewellery that emphasises on utilising the current digital resources such as CAD softwares. As the jewellery design industry is witnessing expansion and growth, the course trains students to become creative jewellery designers.
Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) trains individuals to become jewellery designers by equipping them with the technical and creative skill. Realising the jewellery industry’s increased reliance on digital mediums, the course emphasises on training students in various digital resources such as CAD. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of jewellery design such as design, rendering, design thinking, metallurgy and gemology.
Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Integrates classroom learning with a studio-practice that emphasizes utilising and maximising digital resources such as CAD softwares for its practice.
- Trains students with an understanding of all the processes involved in creating jewellery: nature of raw materials used, conceptualisation of design patterns, ergonomics of fine craft meeting real-world treatment, along with designers and market, trend and forecast considerations.
- Helps the student master the fundamentals of CAD (Computer Aided Design).
Post-completion of the Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD), the student will be able to:
- Learn marketing and management skills, including promotion strategies of different jewellery products.
- Assess materials, develop aesthetic skills and work around craftsmanship skills.
- Develop portfolio skills and presentation capabilities.
- Lead a professional practice.
Graduates of the Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) offered by JD Institute are equipped to meet the demands and challenges of the jewellery industry. They can find themselves working as jewellery designers or CAD designers at jewellery studios. They would gain the knowledge and the aptitude to start their own jewellery brand. Other career opportunities include material analyst, gemologist, stylist and costume jewellery designer. Through the institute’s affiliation and connection with various businesses and brands, students have the opportunity to expand their network and foster connections.
- A chance to study in a state-of-the-art facility, equipped with ultra-modern technology and industry driven accreditations.
- Develop the technical capabilities needed to create jewelry through various mediums especially through Computer Aided Design (CAD) and other digital softwares.
- Gain an international understanding of the craft of jewellery design.
- Gain international exposure through active participation in various activities of the institute.
- Internship and placement opportunities with recognised luxury brands.