JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore and Cochin offers a six-month Diploma in Visual Merchandising. The program enquires the various methodologies that inform the practice of visual merchandising.
Diploma in Visual Merchandising imparts extensive knowledge in the fast-growing field of retail visual merchandising. The course introduces the cohort to various fundamental parameters of visual merchandising such as space design, lighting, forecasting, material, signages and fixtures. Through rigorous coaching, they are guided to understand consumer buying psychology, potential of sales in terms of the appropriate display in places such as retail shops, showrooms, windows, signboards, interiors and other promotional drives. Through industry exposure and training in CAD and other digital mediums, the student receives expertise to lead a professional practice that is informed.
Diploma in Visual Merchandising offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Focuses on consumer behaviour and how one can maximise profit through visual display.
- Imparts knowledge on the latest technology, methodologies and importance of visual merchandising today.
- Helps students understand the importance of colour theories for promotional displays.
- Encourages students to understand merchandising strategies required for the retail market.
- Emphasises on interesting workshops, inputs from industry stalwarts, being involved in an open and free-thinking environment.
- Guides students on how to develop and execute displays for promotional events and exhibitions.
Post completion of Diploma in Visual Merchandising, students will be able to:
- Learn the layout of retail space, space assignment, product grouping, colour, lighting, window display and elements of visual communication, including presentation methodologies; formulate innovative and inventive ways of working.
- Analyse the current trend and technology in the merchandising and retail industry.
- Learn the art of creating, developing and executing merchandising in an effective way to attract potential customers.
- Develop and prepare for intense training with the right mix of theoretical knowledge and practical implementation.
A visual merchandiser has a very big role in today’s retail industry owing to the intense competition among brands. The 6-months Diploma course in Visual Merchandising offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology helps you make a distinct mark in the world of Retail Merchandising. There are various areas where a visual merchandiser can utilise their skill such as, Fashion, Store management and Merchandising, Fashion Marketing, Event Designer, Exhibition Designer, Home Staging and even a Design Stylist. Getting associated with one of the best Fashion, Art and Design colleges, JD Institute of Fashion Technology, opens a plethora of opportunities in the market of Visual Merchandising and Design ranging from internships to placements.
The six-month Diploma in Visual Merchandising offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology is able to provide the following:
- The course emphasizes practical knowledge and live activities which gives the students hands-on industry experience and trains them to meet the demands and requirements of the industry.
- The program is taught under top faculties who are experts in Visual Merchandising.
- The course curriculum is regularly updated with the latest trends and techniques around the world to provide the student with a training that is relevant and reflective of the current time; this enables the student to carry out a practice that is responsive and innovative.
- The program is designed for creative aspirants who want to develop their skills in a very short time with intense training; and gain understanding of how the fashion industry as well as its ecosystem works.
The diploma in visual merchandising is a six-month program with the following modules as below.
FUNDAMENTALS OF VISUAL MERCHANDISING
ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN
DISPLAY ERROR MANGEMENT
TREND ANALYSIS AND FORECASTING
EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR PRESENTATION
PROPS, FIXTURES, AND SIGNAGES