Master of Arts or MA in User Experience and Interaction Design (UI/UX) is a two-year program offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bengaluru, Cochin, Hyderabad and Vijayawada, in collaboration with Sunrise University. The course enables students to become better visual artists and advance their understanding and implementation of visual design to enhance user experience. The program pedagogy supports the exploration of innovative methodologies and fosters the development of specialised skills in conceptualisation, prototyping and problem-solving within the digital framework to create an augmented and efficient user-centred experience.
User Experience design is user-centred design. The goal is to identify, conceptualise and design artefacts that allow users to meet their needs in the most efficient and user-friendly way. The course introduces the cohort to a cycle of discovery and evaluation through a pedagogy that supports them to apply innovative and adaptive methodologies to meet user-needs and solve potential problems. The students will learn how to generate design ideas and techniques for prototypes, and how to use them to get feedback from other stakeholders like teammates, clients and users. Moreover they learn how to design technologies that bring people joy. Emphasis and understanding is given to the principles of visual design, perception, and cognition that inform effective interaction design.
The scope, role and potential of User Experience and Interaction Design is expanding globally due to the advancement of digital technology allowing for more innovative applications. With an increased reliability on digital technologies as the current climate of the world demands, advantage should be taken of the present and future technological resources to create media-experiences that are engaging, interactive and dynamic for an efficient and reliable way of working. To compete in today’s growing market, students must have the tools necessary to identify and solve problems efficiently, including the application of practical interactive knowledge, technological skills, development, production and post-production knowledge, visual communication skills and information literacy. This is what the M.A. in User Experience and Interaction Design degree prepares its graduates for in the program; along with the necessary skills to challenge, innovate and create new standards of communication and interaction that reflect the current global needs.
- Develop skills in the planning, organisation and application of interactive visual design and user experience methodologies and processes.
- Development of critical thinking skills and problem-solving capabilities for advanced and sophisticated interactive design projects for application in various creative industries.
- Gain a competence in digital technologies, analytics, information design, strategy and methods of usability.
- Collaborate on interdisciplinary projects which are fundamental to the nature of a career in user experience and interaction design.
- Explore various visual communication practices and gain information literacy.
- Expand development, production and post-production knowledge.
- Usability Analyst
- User Research Specialist
- Information Architect
- Interactive Designer
- Visual Designer
- UX Designer
- Specialised program with global standards of UI/UX Design.
- Growing demand and promising career opportunities.
- The future of design is in the digital and internet of things (IOT), which provides opportunity for exploring the potential and scope of the field.
- The course is backed by 33 years of legacy in Design Education.
- The student learns to identify potential issues and develop problem-solving methodologies.
- Versatile field that supports flexible and remote work opportunities
- User Experience Fundamentals
- Psychology OF UX design
- Visual Representation Studies
- Fundamental of Visual Design
- Digital Tools
- Elective -1 Inter Discipline
- UX Design Lab -1 Form and Experience
- Design Thinking for UX
- Research & Design Process Methods
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Digital Tools -2 (photoshop)
- Elective 2 Inter Discipline
- UX Design Lab -2 User Research Project
- Wireframing & Prototyping
- Digital Tools -3
- Digital Tools -4
- User Testing Methods
- Elective 3 Inter Discipline
- UX Design Lab 3 – UCD & Prototype Project
- Business Skills and Strategic Mindset
- Design Research Paper & Seminar
- Capstone Project