BSc Fashion Designing Syllabus
BSc Fashion Designing Syllabus
Many institutes and colleges are now offering a BSc in Fashion Designing and many students are curious to know what the BSc Fashion Designing syllabus is. With a BSc in Fashion Designing, students get the necessary knowledge and training to succeed in the fashion world and also get one step closer to making a name for themselves in the industry.
When taking up a BSc in Fashion Designing or any other course related to fashion, it is important to apply to and get admission into reputed colleges and institutes. This can help aspirants with having more practical and hand-on experience in the fashion world and can also help with placements and job opportunities.
- The top institutes and colleges offering a BSc in Fashion Designing train students on how to turn their imagination into reality and turn the designs in their minds into tangible garments.
- A BSc in Fashion Designing should provide in-depth knowledge in the field as well as provide practical experience under the supervision of trained and accomplished fashion designing faculty.
- When looking to get a BSc in Fashion Designing, it is important to get the degree from an institute or college that provides more than just formal education.
It is equally important that the institute or college offering the BSc in Fashion Designing provide international exposure in top fashion cities such as like Paris, Milan, London, and New York. This can further help students to develop their creativity and help them better to “think out of the box.” Such international exposure goes a long way into helping make potential future fashion designers to become future fashion leaders.
Semester Wise BSc Fashion Designing Curriculum Syllabus
The BSc in Fashion Designing combines intense classroom training and industry training providing students with maximum exposure to the industry. This helps students find a foothold in the fashion industry in India and to maintain their growth trajectory. The BSc in Fashion Designing is usually a three-year program and is most often divided into 6 semesters as shown below. Although individual modules may vary, the syllabus shown below is representative of a typical BSc in Fashion Designing syllabus from a reputed institute or college.
- Fibre & Yarn Science
- Elements Of Fashion & Design
- Elements Of Fashion & Design Practicals
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction- I
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction- I Practicals
- Fabric Science & Analysis
- Fabric Science & Analysis Practicals
- Fashion Illustration & Design
- Fashion Illustration & Design Practicals
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction – ii
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction – ii Practicals
- Textile Wet Processing
- Textile Wet Processing Practicals
- Fashion Art And Design
- Fashion Art And Design Practicals
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction – ii
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction – iii Practicals
- History Of Textiles And Costumes
- History Of Textiles And Costumes Practicals
- Textile And Appareltesting
- Textile And Apparel Testing Practicals
- Apparel Production
- Apparel Production Practicals
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing And Merchandising
- Apparel Computer Aided Design-I
- Apparel Computer Aided Design – I Practicals
- Fashion Accessories
- Fashion Accessories Practicals
- Draping Practicals
- Needlecraft Practicals
- In-House Training
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Apparel Computer Aided Design – ii
- Apparel Computer Aided Design – ii Practicals
- Garment Surface Ornamentation
- Garment Surface Ornamentation Practicals
- Apparel Quality Management
- Apparel Quality Management Practicals
- Clothing Culture And Communication
- Clothing Culture And Communication Practicals
- Fashion Portfolio & Design Collection
- Fashion Portfolio & Design Collection Practicals
BSc in Fashion Designing Course Curriculum Overview
There are many institutes or colleges offering a BSc in Fashion Designing. As mentioned before, it is important to seek admission into the institute or college that emphasizes practical and industry-oriented methodology and training in addition to formal classroom training.
Although the course structure and modules vary, there are basic components that are common to all BSc in Fashion Designing courses.
- The BSc in Fashion Designing is usually an intensive course that has a systematic and technical approach along with emphasis on research, creativity and imagination.
- A BSc in Fashion Designing trains students on the aesthetics of designs and helps them create great collections for consumers.
- The BSc in Fashion Designing usually focuses on integral elements of fashion and apparel design and includes components such as fabric analysis, understanding the fundamental principles of design, fashion illustration and pattern-making, and garment construction.
- The bachelor of fashion design syllabus takes into account the evolving fashion landscape, fashion trends and norms, and cultural dynamics and innovations in the Indian as well as international Fashion industry.
With a BSc in Fashion Designing, students get an opportunity to showcase their talent and collection on the runway in front of top people in the fashion industry.
BSc in Fashion Designing Learning Outcomes
- The BSc in Fashion Designing gives candidates a strong ability for original thinking and to forecast evolving trends and dynamics in the fashion industry
- Candidates completing a BSc in Fashion Designing will better understand the fundamental principles of fashion and apparel design and be able to format and deliver products from conception to final delivery of tangible garments.
- The bachelor of fashion design syllabus is created to help candidates gain the technical skills to analyze and execute on any number of designs.
- The BSc fashion technology syllabus helps candidates develop professional practices in tune with the changing dynamics of the fashion industry landscape.
Career Opportunities After Completing BSc in Fashion Designing Course
Institutes and college offering a BSc in Fashion Designing usually have top fashion brands, along with companies in the textile industry and top fashion designers hiring directly from their talent pool. Having a BSc in Fashion Designing provides candidates to access a wide range of career opportunities; these include opening their own establishment, working for top fashion brands and labels, working for top fashion designers in and out of the country, working for garment houses and garment export houses, working for textile mills, apparel merchandisers. There is also a lot of opportunities in visual merchandising, styling, public relations, and marketing, and one may even choose to become a lecturer at Fashion Institutes if one so wishes.
Why Apply For B.Sc. in Fashion Designing?
- Candidates get access to internship and placement opportunities with top fashion and luxury brands.
- The BSc in Fashion Designing caters to candidates that want to have a degree program.
- Colleges and institutes offering a BSc in Fashion Designing have state of the art facilities, use ultra-modern technology and have industry driven accreditations. Thus students benefit from a strong bachelor of fashion design syllabus as well as practical exposure.
- As part of completing the bachelor of fashion design syllabus, students get international exposure and get to attend events and projects that have participation by industry stalwarts. This helps to upskill the candidates and to develop their imagination.
- As part of the BSc in Fashion Designing course, students may also get a chance to showcase their talent and collection during in-house design awards, which gives them a real taste of being an actual fashion designer.