Eye Care Products are not just to reduce dark circles, puffy eyes and wrinkles but also to reduce the aging process. The reason why the skin around your eyes age faster is because it is delicate and sensitive to stretching and sagging so it matures faster than other parts of your face. In order to maintain a youthful complexion, it’s vital to use an eye cream daily.
There are a variety of options to choose from which make it a tough task to know what eye cream ingredients to look out for in the list. Even if you do know what to look for, finding something that fits the budget can be exhausting.
Here is a guide to find exactly what should be in an effective eye cream for wrinkles, and the ones that fit your budget the best: .
HOW TO CHOOSE AN ANTI-AGING EYE CREAM FOR WRINKLES, PUFFY EYES, AND DARK CIRCLES:
In an anti-aging eye cream you must look out for key ingredients regardless of skin type and tone. These key ingredients are:
- Hyaluronic acid: Found naturally in the skin, hyaluronic acid pulls in water, which helps to hydrate and plump the skin. Commonly, under-eye wrinkles are a result of dryness Hyaluronic acid is well researched and proven to help with anti-aging.
- Peptides: Copper peptides, polypeptides, and oligopeptides are thought to penetrate the skin and help build hyaluronic acid and collagen. These structural proteins hold cells and tissues together like glue, decreasing the look of wrinkles.
- Retinol: This is a ‘vitamin A’ derivative that stimulates collagen production and promotes cell turnover to help with anti-aging. As the under-eye skin is so sensitive, it is recommended to use eye care products with relatively low concentrations of retinol.
- Sunscreen: A product that goes by default because without proper protection, UV rays break down collagen and age your skin. Unfortunately, SPF is a tough ingredient to find in eye creams, as an alternative you can supplement your facial skin with sunscreen if necessary.
- Antioxidants: Vitamins C and E, ferulic acid, and berry extracts help decrease oxidative stress due to UV rays or pollutants, and also improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Eye creams that are best for Wrinkles, Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles: Top 5
Whether you’re looking for something to plump deep-set wrinkles or a eye care product to smoothen fine lines and reduce the appearance of dark circles, you can find the one that suits your requirements in the list of eye creams below:
1. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream
A hydrating eye cream that contains hyaluronic acid which plumps and moisturizes the skin gently. It acts like a sponge to pull in hydration from the deep skin layers and even the air.
2. RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream:
A retinol eye cream is for excessive wrinkles formation around the eyes. This eye care product is recommended as a moisturizing option to minimize dark circles, puffy eyes, crow’s feet, and wrinkles without being too harsh on the delicate under-eye skin.
3. OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème:
This eye cream is immersed with vitamin C – an antioxidant that fights cell damage, helps produce collagen to reduce lines, and brightens skin. It is boosted with collagen, a hydrating formula that instantly revives the face by reducing the look of dark circles.
4. Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate:
This rich eye cream is perfect for individuals prone to dryness in the under-eye skin area. The skin will observe the antioxidants present in the cream to combat fine lines and textures, puffiness, and dark circles. The heavy-duty formula gives an ultra-nourishing and creamy feel on the skin, making it a great nighttime pick.
5. NEOCUTIS Lumière Bio-Restorative Eye Cream:
An eye cream that contains skin-plumping hyaluronic acid, caffeine that helps fight puffiness, along with an ingredient called PSP- a combo of wrinkle-fighting peptides and antioxidants unique to Neocutis.
Eye Care Products are an essential part of your daily skincare routine. Being the most noticed feature, it is important to take care of your under-eye skin and keep them as hydrated as possible in order to prevent faster aging. Sometimes not cleaning your makeup applicators can also cause skin damage.