Floating liner, another makeup trend set by supermodel Gigi Hadid. This trend is the latest in graphic eyeliner created by makeup artist Carolina Gonzalez. Be it fashion statements or latest makeup fads, we can trust Gigi Hadid to try out something different and look fab while she is at it.
When it comes to eyeliners, we opt for black cat eye and it is a classic. Sometimes you want to stop feeling like a eyeliner rut, you’re going to love the floating eyeliner look.
With these simple steps, get Gigi Hadid’s floating eyeliner look:
1. Create a smooth base for your eyes by dabbing concealer under the eyes, on the eyelids, and on any blemishes. Set it up with translucent powder. Always remember to start with a primer for eyes to keep the makeup in place.
2. Brush your brows into place with a spoolie and use an eyebrow pen to draw individual hair strokes. You can always make your eyebrows standout, opt for the feathered eyebrow look as it goes well the floating eyeliner concept.
3. Use a creamy gel pencil liner in a rich green hue and draw a horizontal line right above the crease of the eye.
4. Match your under eye makeup to your floating crease. If you love a little drama use the same eyeliner on your lower lash line.
5. Pro tip: Make sure the line isn’t too long and doesn’t extend beyond the outer corner of your eye. In case you don’t get it right on the first go, dip a cotton bud with a pointed tip in micellar water and use it to erase mistakes and perfect the line.
6. Next, define the upper lash line with an eyeshadow on a pencil brush. Leave the lashes clean and mascara-free.
7. No eye makeup look is complete without a few swipes of mascara. If you opted for a neutral floating crease, keep it understated with a classic black mascara. Now, if you love looking a bit bolder, skip the black and pick up a tube of cobalt blue mascara.
8. While your floating crease, lash line, and lashes will all match, when paired with a nude base it really doesn’t look overdone. In fact, it looks positively picture-perfect.
9. For the rest of your makeup keep it light as you want all the attention to your dramatic floating eyeliner.
10. Go for a lightweight face makeup look. Prime your face, apply a little foundation and concealer to cover the blemishes. Throw in a little clear lip gloss because you want all the attention to go to your floating eyeliner.