Indoor plants, if not anything is a manifestation of positivity, a peaceful environment and aesthetics. Indoor plants extend innumerable benefits to the substantial look and feel of the interiors. As a matter of fact, using plants as a component of interior design has been functioning even before the term ‘interior design’ came into existence.
Indoor plants pose remarkable health benefits. Interior designers consider incorporating indoor plants as a timeless manner of designing the interiors. Indoor plants are prominently chosen in houses with the elderly as they are regarded to be therapeutic and play a deciding role in reducing stress levels.
Now that we have a basic understanding of the benefits of indoor plants, the next question most of them possess is ‘which are the best indoor plants? how to choose plants for interior designing the house?’
We discuss some of the simple design hacks to decorate indoors
1. A blend of real and faux plants: We don’t mean pale faux plants that look like they are on the verge of dying. They are depressing. However, a juicy blend of real and faux plants is still a tenable method to decorate the interiors. Pick faux plants that are life-like and accentuate the look of the indoor space.
A blend of real and faux plants
2. Coalesce shapes and sizes: You don’t need to be monotonous with your selection of plants. Decorate the interiors with a rich combination of plants of varying shapes, sizes. Remember, floating with the steam works just as well in interior decoration.
Coalesce shapes and sizes
3. Oversized plants: If you don’t like too many plants taking up too much space in the room, choose oversized plants as one of these varieties is sufficient to decorate the entire room.
4. Pots are equally important: Just as much as the indoor plants, pots equally play a deciding role in determining the quality of the interior decoration. Be choosy when it comes to pots. Indian homes are usually profuse with mud pots. Don’t forget to check out pots surfacing in flamboyant colors, designs, patterns and again, sizes. Remember, pots can just as much make or break the look of the room.
5. Excessive is not excess: Who doesn’t appreciate the greenery and who is to say what is excess greenery? Plants are here to soothe us and going overboard with indoor plants is an accepted trend in interior decoration.
Excessive is not excess
Indoor plants are always appreciated to be the choice of a wise man in interior design. Indoor plants are soothing, evoke a sense of belongingness to the place we live in. As one of the best interior design schools in Bengaluru, JD Institute of Fashion Technology curates its undergraduate and postgraduate programs well within the binding of trends and classic teaching-learning methodology. Check out JD Institute’s BSc. in Interior Design and Decoration – Bengaluru City University – 3 Years