How often do you need help finding a proper application tool for the high-end beauty products you spent a fortune on? Selecting the perfect makeup products for one’s budget and requirements isn’t easy. The only way to tackle this daunting task is by referring to a well-researched guide to makeup brushes that can teach you how to select makeup brushes. After all, tools, much like makeup, aren’t cheap.
If you are eager to find the perfect brushes and build a career in MakeUp and Hairstyle Artistry, continue reading.
From Ancient Times to Modern Day: The Evolution of Makeup Brushes
The invention of the makeup brush is generally credited to the Egyptian people in 500 AD. What used to be natural materials soon evolved into makeup brushes made of horse or goat hair across the globe. However, these were only available to the rich and influential at the time.
In the 19th century, synthetic makeup brushes revolutionised the makeup world. They were accessible to a broader demographic, particularly those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Now it is common to find a makeup brush kit in most households. Subsequently, makeup brushes were modified to accommodate particular makeup needs like eyeshadow, blush, and foundation.
Today, there are leading brands manufacturing sophisticated makeup brushes for diverse needs. So, the obvious question is, how should you select the best from different makeup brushes and their uses?
List of Makeup Brushes and Uses
Before making a decision, it is best to understand the different types of makeup brushes and their uses. These are some makeup brush types widely used in the makeup industry.:
- Flat Foundation Brush: A professional-looking foundation can be achieved using a flat brush with flexible but firm and densely packed bristles.
- Kabuki Brushes: These brushes have short handles and dense hair to apply powder or a liquid foundation.
- Concealer: This makeup brush is used to apply liquid or cream concealers.
- Contour Brush: You can precisely manipulate the angles with contouring brushes to achieve a contoured appearance.
- Blush: An ideal blush brush helps achieve a healthy, radiant look with precise application.
- Eyeliner Brush: This thin, pointed-tip brush allows you to apply your cream or gel-based eyeliner along the lash line.
- Lip Brush: This is a small brush used to apply lipstick or lip gloss on your lips precisely and prevent them from smudging.
Now, if you are someone who has just started with makeup and styling, you must be wondering what are the best makeup brushes for beginners. So, let’s dive right into it.
Factors to Consider while selecting makeup brushes for beginners
Since a makeup brush leads to perfect (or awful) makeup, it is only wise to consider a few factors before you select one for your needs:
- Material: If you are considering using powder products, then natural bristles work best. But if you are likely to use liquid or cream products, your best bet is to stick to makeup brushes with synthetic bristles.
- Length of the handle: Makeup brush uses are highly impacted by their length as it determines how well you can hold and control the brush. Make sure to pick something you are comfortable with
- The density of the bristles: This is important to consider since the density can impact the amount of product the makeup brush can pick up. It’s best to choose a brush based on the area of application.
- Price: Although the best makeup brushes are available in most price ranges, it is best to select one that lasts longer and is price efficient.
- The shape of the bristle: The shape of a bristle in a makeup brush must be carefully considered based on the purpose.
If the information till now has piqued your interest in pursuing a career in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry, keep reading as we explore the thrilling prospects within this vibrant industry.
How can one become a professional makeup artist?
Nowadays, celebrities, influencers, and individuals from all walks of life try to incorporate makeup into their grooming routines to elevate their overall personalities. After all, attending to your personal grooming is critical to present a polished image.
Needless to say, there is a high demand for well-qualified makeup professionals in every industry, especially in the entertainment sector, where appearance is a major priority. So, if you sincerely desire to pursue a career as a makeup artist, rest assured that the area offers a plethora of promising avenues and ample opportunities for growth and success.
According to AmbitionBox, entry-level makeup artists have the potential to earn an impressive salary ranging from INR 3 LPA to INR 5 LPA. To get started, you don’t need to pursue courses that run for years and require heavy investments.
Instead, you can enrol in specialised institutes that train students as part of a short-term program to transform them into leading makeup professionals.
Makeup and Hair Artistry is an ever-thriving industry with a growing need for skilled makeup artists. You can be sure of finding tremendous full-time opportunities or working as a freelancer. All you need is experience, and one day, you’ll be ready to write your own guide to makeup brushes.
Start working on your passion today and enrol for a Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry at the JD Institute of Fashion Technology and start your career on the right note. In addition to acquainting you with the best usage of makeup products, the Diploma program is sure to groom you into an expert professional.
Enrol today and start making a difference in the Makeup Industry!