Interior décor essentials are all about aesthetics. It’s more than picking out a matching pair of curtains and lace cushion covers. Interior décor is about selecting colour schemes, appropriate furniture layouts and artistic pieces that complement the space. Interior décor is bringing an entirely new look to your existing space.
Interior décor essentials and styling techniques are as personal and varied as your #Pinterest boards – changing with seasons, trends and your personal needs. Here are 7 ways you can add some aesthetic and a touch of glamour to your home and living space.
1. Plan. Plan & More Plan. – Figure out a floor plan for the existing space before you begin with any décor. The functionality of the space takes a forefront as your creative ideas take shape. Add a purpose to every piece of functional element in the space. For a home, in a living room, every functional piece should enhance the idea of a conversation. The idea is not to have furniture pointed at a screen. So, learn the difference and have fun planning the space.
2. Lit up! – The non-descript LED or a tube light is such an essential feature in our living spaces or work spaces that we hardly ever spare a stray thought to its functionality or look at it as an interior décor essential. The right amount of light can open up the space and make it look wider or bring in the warmth of cosiness without any comfy cushions. Find art in the mundane.
3. French or a box for you? – Want to add an easy instant glow up to the space? Play with windows and rooms to widen and brighten the room. The bright yellow sun and powder blue sky will do the rest of the essential décor for you. Mirrors are not just for the closet. Mirrors can add the illusion of space and brighten up the place with minimum investment.
4. Welcoming and warm furniture – A plush couch in the living room to sink in as you enter. A curved form, whether it be a table or any piece of furniture, is often subconsciously perceived to be safe, friendly and welcoming. The softer shapes and curved angles in furniture as well as architecture. More gracious and sensual shapes, curved edges and deep, luxuriant seats will trend for the foreseeable future.
5. Contemporary home designs – Interior Design continues to evolve with new advances in technology. Embracing virtual design by leveraging this powerful new technology to create immersive spaces and highly engaging designs that feel both contemporary and futuristic is going to be a trend as technology becomes an essential part of our daily lives.
6. All the green on the tree – With more time spent indoors than ever before, we’re all seeking to strengthen our connection with nature. This has simultaneously inspired a resurgence in natural surfaces—think stoneware, terracotta, marble, and travertine being used across the board from backsplashes to showers, furniture, and decorative objects. The raw, porous, imperfect nature of these organic materials adds depth, soul, and visual intrigue while also mimicking the calming, restorative ambiance of the outdoors.
7. Make it yours! – Wallpapers are the sure shot way of inducing some fun and character to the space. Paper up and play with colours and patterns to liven up the rooms and spaces. Posters of your idols or your favourite band will make the space yours and why won’t you enjoy working or lazing in a room that’s all yours?
To pursue Interior décor and design as a profession, you can check out our deeply insightful interior design courses ranging from Diploma in Interior Designing, Advanced Diploma in Interior Designing, PG Diploma in Interior Designing, Degree in Interior Designing and Master Degree in Interior Designing, Diploma in Interior and spatial design at JD Institute of Fashion Technology.
Interior decor essentials are all that you need to make your home lively and fun. Maybe you need the same for your career as well. If you wish to be a part of this interior design and interior decoration industry, check out our range of interior design courses on our website. Walk in or give us a call to find out more.