Interior design is a dynamic field vulnerable to mistakes. Sometimes, an interior designer might go out of the way in his effort to make an innovative interior design. This leads to an interior design that you might not appreciate but can’t get rid of because you have already spent too much of your money on it.
Here we discuss 7 such interior design mistakes that an interior designer is viable to make:
1. Having one light source: Lighting is an important element in interior design. While there are various types of lighting that one incorporates contingent on the size, nature, and purpose of the interior, it is important to ensure that there is a sufficient amount of natural and artificial lighting. A combination of overhead lighting, ceiling lighting, floor and table lamps have proven to throw an even amount of light throughout the space depending on the size, and purpose of the room.
2. Buying an oversized dining table: Decorating your house interior with lavish and extremely large accessories although sounds appealing is not an advised manner to go about the interior design. While buying dining tables especially, one needs to ensure to choose a dining table that fits well with the dimensions of the dining space and fits useful as well. A small round-sized dining table is the most chosen dining table for a family of four to six members.
3. Placing furniture irregularly: Make your living room interior design as attractive and contemporary as you want, but if you mess up while placing and organizing furniture in the living room, your home styling gets a thumbs down. Things like sticking the furniture right against the wall, or even using wrong-sized furniture take away the visual beauty of the living room. It leaves you with an uncomfortable and visually unpleasing living room.
4. Plain walls and lack of accessories: Do you like having a salad every day? That is precisely how your interior design looks with utterly plain walls and no accessories. Imagine you have spent a fortune on getting the best furniture for your house interior. You have got the right color, perfect lighting source but your living room still looks boring? Well, the answer is probably plain walls. Plain walls, irrespective of the color are a buzzkill without added accessories.
5. Hanging art up near the ceiling: Let’s make one thing very clear. We are designing a house interior, not a museum. You might have put a significant amount of effort to find the piece of artwork you adore. Positioning the artwork piece in the right position on the wall is equally vital. Placing the artwork extremely higher (above the eye-level) just makes it hard for the viewer to take a look at the art. Chances are that he might lose interest and just move on without looking at it.
Interior design mistakes are not new. Although a layman fails to recognize the mistakes, an aspiring interior designer cannot overlook these aspects. A proper guidance in the same is indispensable. To achieve the same, JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program. The program helps to become an interior designer who gives attention to details and ensures to avoid such interior design mistakes.