Metal furniture is furniture pieces designed with metal. Of course, it doesn’t need an introduction. It is that simple. The world of interior design has a myriad of options to offer when it comes to furniture. It can get really frustrating for buyers to make the right option in furniture owing to the different types of furniture. There are at least a hundred types of raw materials used to make furniture. Which is the most suitable one for your interiors?
We are here to make this easier for you. It is very important to be aware of the pros and cons of each type of furniture and hence in this blog, we will discuss the pros and cons of metal furniture:
1. Inexpensive: First things first. Metal furniture is inexpensive. Anybody can afford good quality metal furniture that can easily last for 10 – 15 years. Metal furniture also comes with a warranty, generally covering for a minimum of 10 years.
2. Easy maintenance: Metal furniture is easy to maintain. It doesn’t create any hassle of cleaning. All that it needs is a good dusting with a cotton cloth. Adding to this, there is no fear of pests, bugs or insects resting at the corners of the furniture, which is the case in leather and cushion sofas.
3. Durable: Believe it or not, metal furniture is your perfect choice if you are looking for furniture that can withstand extreme use. This furniture is ideal for people who indulge in rough use including heavyweight and pressure.
Now, let’s move on to understand some of the disadvantages of metal furniture:
1. Metal is heavy: This needs no expert. Metal is heavy in comparison to other materials used to make furniture. This is a major disadvantage of metal furniture. Some of them are so heavy that they make it extremely difficult to move around.
2. Poor finishing: We are not saying that metal furniture is unfit for use but some of them have poor finishing that the shapes edges and corners can harm the skin of the user.
Metal furniture is recommended by interior designers disregarding the disadvantages they pose. This is because of the affordability and the fact that interior designers recommend metal furniture only in suitable conditions. For instance, interiors made of wooden flooring often reject metal furniture. Again, this lies up to the expertise of the interior designers in work. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a premier design institute offering BSc. in Interior Design – Singhania University – 3 Years.