Navel oiling is an important part of when it comes to health and self-care as it is the core part of the body and is the key point of sustenance and growth. We have heard of massaging face and body with therapeutic massages and spa sessions. But what about navel oiling? Have you thought of massaging your belly button?
In Vedas and Ayurveda, it is proven to be a primitive tradition in which women and men oil their navel to nourish their bodies and health. Though we have moved with current methods of therapy and spas, it is always important to fall back on traditional methods.
Here’s the importance of oiling the belly button:
- Choose the right oil: You can use mustard, cow ghee or even coconut oil on the navel. Massage should be done with an oil that contains extracts such as neem, tea tree, lemon, grapeseed, and almond oil, which helps cleanse your belly button, for the greatest effects. It not only eliminates impurities but also makes you healthy.
- Detoxify the body: Oiling the navel helps to detoxify the body and promotes healthy, radiant skin, free from radical damage. Furthermore, the navel absorbs oil more quickly and supplies sustenance from within.
- Eliminates dirt: When we take care of our body, we forget to remove the accumulated dirt in the belly button area. This eliminates any kind of potential ailments in the stomach and navel region.
- Purifies skin: If you want a radiant complexion and healthier skin texture, oiling your belly button might help clear your blood and eliminate blemishes. Neem oil, rosehip oil, coconut oil and lemon essential oil are a few of the therapeutic oils you can apply.
- Works wonders for lips: In order to protect your lips from chapping, you can apply coconut oil to your belly button. Every night before bedtime apply oil to your belly button and see your natural colour lighten.
Steps to perform naval oiling:
- Pour one of the therapeutic oil over your belly button.
- Massage your belly button in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes
- Do so every day before going to bed or after bath.
- Also, oiling at night can make you feel more relaxed when you wake up in the morning.
- In order to soothe cramps during the menstrual cycle, you can apply coconut oil to your navel, it helps soothe cramps.