The use of plants has been a classical method of decoration in the process of interior design. Plants have always been human’s best friend and interior designers with their creativity and expertise in their field have spruced up the interiors to make them aesthetically pleasing.
Whether it is a house, home office or a cafe, the use of plants is believed to add life to any space, giving it a more fresh and colorful look. Plants have become major constituents in the cycle of interior design and their significance cannot be stressed more. In this blog, we will discuss the advantages of incorporating plants in the process of interior design:
1. Aesthetically pleasing: Who doesn’t like plants? Plants evoke beauty and elegance. The use of plants in a systematic way is sufficient to accentuate the look and feel of the room. In fact, some interior designers recommend using plants as the major and sole constituent to furnish the interiors.
2. A strong stress buster: What do you associate yourself with greenery? Calmness. The greenery of the plants is proven to be an effective stress buster. Plants are believed to reduce stress and instigate calmness in the minds of people with endured exposure to plants.
3. Increase productivity: Plants help students and employees to stay more focused and thereby enhance productivity. The presence of plants in the workplace especially creative workplaces is promoted to induce enhanced creative juices to flow into the brain resulting in better performance.
4. Health benefits: The use of plants comes with its own health benefits too. Health issues like migraine and fatigue are said to reduce in the presence of greenery.
5. Filter air: Plants are additionally proven to improve the quality of air in the room through a natural filtering process leading to a better environment.
The use of plants is a requisite way to improvise the process of interior design at affordable expenses without compromising on the quality of the interiors. Interior designers consider plants an evergreen component of interior design. JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers aspiring interior designers proficiency in innovative thinking in creating designs and other areas of interior design through its B.Sc. in Interior Design and Decoration program in Bengaluru.