Types of doors used in interior design
Types of doors used in interior design are numerous, literally. Depending on the latest trends in interior design, different styles of doors are used for different rooms. A door is the face of the house. It is what strikes the attention of visitors. Although, a door is not just about appearance. A door should ensure the safety of the house just as much as it is adored by visitors.
The branch of interior design has always come up with pleasing and innovative ideas and in this blog, we tell you the trending types of doors that are in abundant use in 2021:
1. French doors: ideal for summer days, french doors are basically all glass turning a rich source of natural light into the house. French doors are popular for the aesthetic beauty they bring to the outlook of the house.
2. Sliding doors: A reflection of luxury, style and elegance, sliding doors are a fascinating alternative to traditional doors. They are functional, suitable for small spaced rooms as they do not take more space than other types of doors. Sliding doors are made of glass and allow maximum natural light to enter the room.
3. Dutch doors: An unusual style of doors in interior design, dutch doors have two parts with a divide in between horizontally. Dutch doors are the perfect fit for kitchens for easy exchange of materials.
4. Colonial doors: Colonial doors could be referred to as a classic style of door implemented in interior design. Colonial doors are ideally chosen for their decorative purposes. They enhance the look of even the simplest of houses and grab the attention of visitors in the blink of an eye.
5. Glass doors: Glass doors are ideally chosen for office spaces, making way for transparency in the workspace. These doors also allow maximum natural light to pass through them creating a positive and happening environment.
Types of doors used vary from houses to offices to other spaces. Depending on the needs and preferences of people, they choose the best kind of doors they are convinced with. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a premier design institute in Bengaluru offering MSc. in Interior Design – Singhania University – 2 Years. The institute fosters dynamic interior design education for aspiring designers with a desire to venture into the industry.