Types of Fashion Designing
Fashion Design Spreads throughout the Nation and Brings Scopes for young Aspirants?
Fashion is everywhere around us. Whether we go to a social gathering or an official party, we can see people dressing up in different ways. Each one wearing different dress has adopted different fashion. We will speak about types of fashion designing in a more vivid form, in this article. One question that revolves over each one of your mind is, ‘How could people learn and adopted different types of fashion designs? The designers bring all these fashion through their models.
Types of Fashion Designing
Fashion today is a worldwide industry. The major countries of the fashion industry are Paris, Milan, New York City and London.
China, Bangladesh and India are the biggest manufacturers of clothing and Germany, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Spain, and Brazil are other notable clothing manufacturing countries in the fashion industry. Below listed out some noted different types of fashion design:
- American Fashion Design
- Belgian Fashion Design
- British Fashion Design
- French Fashion Design
- German Fashion Design
- Italian Fashion Design
- Japanese Fashion Design
- Chinese Fashion Design
- Soviet Fashion Design
- Swiss Fashion Design
Different Types of Fashion Designs in Apparel
Apparel is the most important part of fashion. People wear different types of clothes and name it as per the trend. But, do you know what are the most ancient and traditional fashion designs? Most people are unaware of this fact. Following are the most primitive and basic types of apparel division:
- Haute Couture
This is the particular type of design made for the wealthy individuals. The designer makes this with very high quality clothing and accessories. The term ‘Haute couture’ is a French term which is used in the high fashion. The designers show their design each season to the Paris press. This is a grand show with two runways with models with high class attire.
- Pret- a- Porter
This is another category of fashion apparel that has an easy term as well. Yes, the Pret-a- porter is ‘ready to wear’. This is the category of dress which is made in factory. This is designed for people with different economy class. Thus, most people wear this type of fashion clothing.
- Mass Market Fashion
This is one of the most trend setting fashions. In the recent time, the fashion industry is concentrating on mass market sales. This is due to tight competition in the market. This comes with fashion trends that are prevailing in the society. The apparels over here are made as per the demand in the market.
Different Types of Fashion Designing Courses in India
The types of fashion designing courses in India are numerous like diploma, BSc., Post Graduate, Undergraduate & PG Diploma courses. The name of the courses may differ as per the discretion of the fashion designing institutes.
There are many top leading Fashion Colleges/Institutes in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, and courses offered according to the university.
The authority offers the following courses for the young aspirants.
JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- BSc. in Fashion and Apparel Design
- Diploma in Fashion and Lifestyle Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Fashion Business Management – 1 Year
- Diploma in Fashion Design 1 Year
- Diploma in Visual Merchandising – 6 Months
- PG Diploma in Fashion Design and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Design – 2 Years
- Undergraduate Diploma in Fashion & Apparel Design
National Institute of Fashion Technology: (Nift)
- List of UG Programs
- B.Des. (Fashion Design)
- B.Des. (Leather Design)
- B.Des. (Accessory Design)
- B.Des. (Textile Design)
- B.Des. (Knitwear Design)
- B.Des. (Fashion Communication)
- B.FTech. (Apparel Production)
- List of PG Programs
- M.Des. (Master of Design)
- M.F.M. (Master of Fashion Management)
- M.FTech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
Top Colleges offering Fashion Designing Courses in India
People were not very keen to adopt fashion as their profession. But, in the last few decades, the popularity of fashion has increased. Naturally, people realized the scope in this industry. Thus, the institutes and colleges with different types of fashion designing courses in India have evolved. Following are some of the top in the list:
- National Institute of fashion technology, Bangalore
- JD Institute Of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- National Institute of fashion technology, Delhi
- JD Institute Of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- National institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- JD Institute Of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
How Lines Play a Vital Role in Fashion Designing?
There was a time when the fashion designers or the artist presents their design in a blank sheet. But today, the computer and software along with apps have made it quite easy. Even then the lines play a vital role in the activity of fashion designing. In order to give different design to each cloth, deviation in lines is vital. Some of the types of lines in fashion designing are as follows:
- Horizontal Lines
This is basically known as the straight line. This is designed to get a formal look. You can view this type of lines in very conservative and classic design
- Diagonal Lines
This gives an effect of illusion where you can find the cloth has more width than what it has. This is really good when you have narrow shoulder and wish to add some width to the same. This gives broader chest as well.
- Jagged Lines (zig- zag)
These are basically the vertical lines. This will help in adding height to the individual. This is good for all those with healthy body. Wearing the clothing with these lines can give you a slimmer look.
The fashion designers can create great illusions with the lines in design. It is always good to consult with the fashion designer before you proceed with the lines in an outfit.
Importance of Fashion Designing Courses in India
The fashion designing is not restricted to a single pathway. Today, there are many different categories of fashion design where individuals can look in and choose the one that suits their ability and likes. The courses offered by the well known fashion designing institutes have changed the life of individuals. Following are some of its importance:
- Fashion designing courses open a different path for career
- People with creativity and artistic mind get good scope to flourish
- You can learn each design from the well known trainers and fashion artists recruited in fashion designing colleges. They have industrial exposure
- With constant practice in designs you can easily learn the best in the fashion designing class
- Opportunities of job and business is opened to you constantly
- The pass out graduate or diploma holders from the well known fashion designing college can easily open their own firm.
- It is possible to work with several organization as a fashion designer as a freelancer.
India is rich with culture and heritages. Thus, the events are vigorously taking place in each city. The performers in stage need to have suitable dress. This is where the fashion designer gets huge contracts. The experienced designers are paid really well based on their expertise. Fresher too can reach to the level with market knowledge and experience.