Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV rinse to ACV hair mask; how to prepare
Apple Cider Vinegar works like a magic potion for your hair. Not only does it add shine and luster to your hair, it also fights frizz, helps detangle your hair, smoothens it and removes product build up.
If you wonder how to use this highly acetic solution for your hair, the most popular being the ACV rinse.
Quick tip: Always choose unfiltered, organic ACV for natural hair. This raw ACV has a cloudy appearance and contains all beneficial nutrients. But dilute it with water as it contains acetic acid and is acidic. Undiluted ACV may cause scalp irritation.
This is one of the easiest ways to use ACV for your hair.
All you need is:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (2-4 Tbs)
- A spray container/bottle
- Pour the raw apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Add water to ACV in the required quantity.
- Shake the mixture vigorously.
Here’s how to use ACV rinse for your hair:
- Dilute one part of ACV with two parts of water.
- Spray it over your hair.
- Give a gentle massage to your scalp and apply it to the hair.
- Soak your hair wet in the diluted ACV.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 5 minutes.
- Wash it well with lukewarm water.
- Continue with your hair wash routine
- ACV rinse can be done even after your hair wash.
ACV Hair Mask:
Have you come across ACV hair masks? They are easy to prepare and help cleanse the scalp and nourish your hair.
What you need:
- Apple cider vinegar ( 1 ½ Tbsp)
- Olive oil (1 Tbsp)
- Honey (2 Tbsp)
The combination of these three ingredients improves your hair health.
- ACV removes the excess oil and dead skin cells from the scalp.
- The honey helps moisturize your hair.
- Olive oil helps in conditioning your hair.
- Mix all three ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture from the roots.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 mins. Rinse.