The six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry offered by the JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore and Goa trains artistic individuals who are interested to learn and practice makeup and hair professionally.
Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry has had a profound growth as a career prospect in the past decade. With its growing practice, its prospect promises a career that supports innovation at its core. The six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry is for any passionate aspirant willing to pursue a professional career in this industry. Conducted by an expert of the industry, the students are introduced to the current demands and challenges of its practice, and are supported to formulate creative ways of working. The intensive curriculum of the course helps students realise their own creative identity and develops the skill required to be leaders of the industry.
The six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Helps the student acquire the skills required to be a professional Makeup and Hairstyle artist in 6 weeks.
- Trains students in the fundamental and advanced tools and techniques of make-up and hairstyle.
- Consists of opportunities such as exposure to global industry standards and exhibitions of live projects.
- Provides students with the visibility required to create a dynamic interface with professionals and experts of the make-up and hair industry.
- Gives in-depth knowledge about the use of make-up and hairstyle in print, film, television, weddings and other forms of media.
Post completion of the Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry, the student will be able to:
- Identify themselves as a qualified professional artist of make-up and hairstyling.
- Determine the importance of choosing the appropriate make-up and hairstyling products.
- Provide inputs to clients regarding which products to ensure that there is no damage done to the skin and hair.
- Collaborate with the photography department and analyse the relationship between various make-up and hairstyling designs with camera and documentation.
Due to the evolving and dynamic nature of the industry, makeup and hair artists have immense opportunities to practice their craft. Industries such as, Print, Film, Television, Weddings and other forms of media, are looking for innovative artists to enhance their operations. Post completion of the six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology, the student will be equipped to start their own beauty salon or work with well-recognised salons in the country. The six-week Diploma course provides an apt platform to build a career in industries such as Bridal Make-up and Hair Styling, Personal Grooming, Make-up and Hair Stylist for the Entertainment Industry, etc. Students who wish to be trained to the current standards of the industry and who desire to be equipped with the skill to lead an efficient and professional career are supported by the diploma course of the institute.
- Receive training from professional makeup and hair experts.
- Participate in collaborative projects with other departments of the institute such as photography, fashion and styling.
- Gain industry exposure and feedback from industry experts through seminars and workshops.
- Gain understanding of facial anatomy and makeup and hair equipment.
- Introduction to Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry
- Self-hygiene (product cleansing and sanitizing formula)
- Knowledge and exposure to professional makeup products (Indian and International brands)
- Make-up kit essentials.
- Practical sessions on different Makeup looks(
- Self-practice sessions and mentor guidance
- Achieving perfect base, eyes and lips.
- Demonstration on eye looks
- Over all knowledge on color correction, contour and highlight.
- Different hairstyles, tool knowledge and application techniques
- Bridal looks (Makeup, hairstyle, and draping)
- Hands-on experience of make-up in a professional studio setup environment.
Smruti Jena –
I have been working as an IT professional. But I always wanted something on my own -wanted ownership, creativity, and a name. In search of my pursuit, I found JD Institute of Fashion Technology, which gave me wings to reach the heights of my dream. I came to this field when I knew nothing about makeup. I did my Diploma in Make-Up Artistry, Hair Design and Styling. I had a lot of interest to work and learn. Laila Ma’am gave me the needed support and the necessary knowledge from the basic level to the advanced level in makeup & Kishore Thai sir in hairstyle. Kishore sir from photography gave us the idea about photoshoot & taught us how our work should be a picture- perfect. JD institute gave us the opportunity to work for the JADA show & many college fashion shows when we were new to this field. This gave us an exposure to the industry and also added credibility to our work. I now work as a freelancer makeup artist with clients and renowned studio houses.
Roopa Harshini –
I learned lots from my experience as a backstage MUA behind -the-scenes make-up tips.i also left with new found appreciation for all the work that went on thanks to Jd & Kishore thairani sir for giving me & my team mates this opportunity to work for our institute.
Harshini makeup artistry Roopa –
i learned lots from my experience as a backstage MUA behind-the-scenes makeup tips,i also left with new found appreciation for all the work that went on thanks to JD & kishore thairani for giving me & my teammates this opportunity to work for our institute.
It was a good learning experience. The faculty is really good and experienced. Saili Ma’am and Florence Ma’am really made it very easy for us to understand and learn the skills, they shared their personal experiences and tips that will surely help us in our career. The course was very inclusive of all the areas that a MUA needs to know, from shoots to bridal makeup, all types of experience was gained. The shoots especially helped me a lot to gain understanding on how the makeup actually works and helps enhance the features of the model.
Dimple Dak S –
I always wanted to do a make-up course but wasn’t really confident and sure about myself as I had never done anything related to makeup but then i found JD and the course was really helpful for me to gain confidence and i got to learn a lot from saili mam , Florence mam and Kishore sir in the photography field . I would always cherish the time spent in JD and really thankful for such abundant knowledge provided . Also thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with for our institute.