Ice facial is one of the most trending beauty practices that has taken social media by storm. Mainly targeted to destroy fat cells, boost blood circulation, this method is said to make your skin look glowing and healthy.
It is a very simple skin lift treatment but what is the ideal and safe way to do it?
Before you begin to read the step-by-step guide to ice facial. Here is something you should take note of.
- Clean your face before icing it.
- Do not use the ice directly on your face as it can be too cold for sensitive skin.
- Use ice to spot fix pimples but not more than a minute.
- Too much ice can cause cold burns, do not exceed the time limit.
- Make sure to be swift around the eye area as the capillaries near your eyes are very sensitive.
- For added benefits, you can freeze rosewater, green tea or even cucumber water and use them as ice cubes.
What are the benefits of ice facial?
1. Shrinks those enlarged pores:
We all want to tighten our pores and go through so many products. With ice, you not just tighten your facial pores but also minimize their appearance and unclog impurities.
2. De-puffs your face:
Waking up in the morning with a puffed face is common. Icing ritual can help you depuff your eye area and face every morning.
The Skincare CTM routine is incomplete without a toner. Ice can be your natural toner as the cold temperature restricts the capillaries on the face and creates a pulling effect. This effect helps in better absorption of your skincare ingredients.
4. Bid adieus to blemishes:
Ice can help reduce the redness and swelling of active blemishes on your face
Step by step guide for ice facial at home:
Step 1: Thoroughly cleanse your face with a gentle face wash
Step 2: Ice cubes can be wrapped in a soft cloth or fabric that is gentle on your skin.
Step 3: Hold the ice pack on different sections of your face for 1 or 2 minutes. You can also use gentle, circular motions, going upwards from your jaw, cheeks, nose and forehead.
Step 4: Use a toner and moisturizer for better result.