Basic materials are the essential items and tools that are implemented in interior design. The word basic surely explains the significance of the materials in refining interiors. You cannot work without the basic materials. Meaning to say, the interior design just does not reach the finish line without these materials used appropriately.
Basic materials used in interior design in 2021
In this blog, we tell you about the basic materials that interior designers vouch for in 2021:
1. Terracotta tiles: Terracotta tiles are being chosen as the perfect replacement for tiles of white or neutral colours in 2021. Often used for outdoor gardens and kitchens, however, terracotta tiles are evolving to become the right choice for bedrooms in 2021.
2. Wallpapers: Who doesn’t like colourful wallpapers on the walls? I mean white or peach coloured walls are absolutely boring sometimes. Interior designers in 2021 find wallpapers an effective way to bring some life to the interiors. The wide range of options and colours available in wallpapers just makes the game all the more interesting.
3. Wood: You like it or not, wood is perhaps the most used and universal interior design material in the world. Every house has wood being used to design one or more vital parts of interior design. 10 years down the line, we would still be writing the significance of wood in our blogs.
4. Sustainable furniture: Interior design has transformed immensely in the past decade. As much as it is about attaining modern interior design, designs have equally grown to appreciate the essence of rawness in them. Sustainable furniture is a perfect example of rawness. Interior designers have inclined towards sustainable furniture that is inexpensive and proven to last longer than refined ones.
5. Colours: Colours are everything that makes the interiors of space glow at the end of the day. However, navy blue is the chosen colour in 2021. Materials like walls, furniture, curtains and drapes are made to serve this trend of colours in 2021.
Basic materials interior designers use and implement vary according to the latest trends in interior design. The criteria of choosing these materials however remain the same – creating aesthetically pleasing interiors that are functional and modern. JD Institute of Fashion Technology in Bengaluru is the design institute you should pick if you are looking for interior design education that is a classic blend of theory and practical exposure.