Monsoon is here. The rainy season is upon us and so are the home decor trends. While some people can’t wait for the first shower to freshen up the environment, others dread monsoon season for the havoc it creates on the interiors of houses and other spaces.
The smell of the ground on a rainy day is rejuvenating, but the damp footprints it leaves on the floor is another irksome. The interiors of houses can come down in flames if appropriate measures are not taken. Also, monsoon home decor trends are just too galvanizing to ignore.
Hold your imagination while we share some of the popular monsoon home decor trends you can try this rainy season:
1. Umbrella stand: First thing’s first. An umbrella stand is a basic accessory one must carry during monsoon season. An umbrella stand at the entrance or in one corner of the living room is necessary to ensure you don’t forget to carry one when going out and secondly, your umbrella needs a stand to keep all the wet umbrellas.
Umbrella stand (Credits: Pinterest)
2. Be cautious about wooden furniture: Monsoon opens door to several interior problems wooden furniture tend to change their shape due to inflation. Hence, proper care needs to be taken to ensure the real texture of wooden furniture doesn’t reduce in quality.
3. Doormats are a must: Monsoon season means constant and heavy rain. The interiors of a house need to be dry and to ensure this, doormats are a must. Doormats made of jute are especially useful to absorb moisture. Place dry doormats at the front door and balcony entrances.
4. Install curtains of thin materials: Monsoon season tends to make interiors gloomy and murky. To avoid this, replace curtains with cotton or velvet with fabrics like sheer or lace to let in maximum sunlight and at the same time, give the living room a fresh environment.
5. Scented candles come to your rescue: Scented candles are one of the most classic home decor trends used during monsoon season. Although the smell of the fresh rains on the ground is revitalizing, it also leaves a smell of rainwater stuck in corners and edges on balconies. Scented candles can change the game in such situations. They add a flavor if placed at the center in the living room and adjoining rooms.
Monsoon season is ahead of us and it is time to make necessary changes to our interior design as well. Best colleges for interior design although are many in number, it is important to enroll in the best interior design college to study interior design.