The Master of Business Administration or MBA in Fashion Business and Event Management offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore centre in collaboration with Singhania University is a two-year postgraduate program that integrates the business and management of creativity and business. The course provides a strategic and market-driven pedagogy which equip students with the skill and aptitude to establish their own brand or event management establishments.
MBA in Fashion Business and Event Management successfully integrates knowledge and learning in individuals who are interested in establishing their own businesses in the field of fashion – be it a fashion product or a service. The program helps you develop the skills needed to establish and manage a fashion business by acquiring insights into how to run a brand/ event management enterprise, identify and apply correct marketing techniques and create a distinctive language for the business. It provides a holistic learning by taking the student on a journey – exploring business fundamentals, then progressing to understanding the language of fashion, and identifying different fashion products and its manufacturing; and finally learning to design and manage ideal events and spaces for an enriched and effective experience.
MBA in Fashion Business and Event Management provides an in-depth understanding and application of:
- The business fundamentals needed to confidently operate an independent fashion and lifestyle business and/or manage an already existing business with subjects like Brand Dynamics, Organisational Behaviour, Project Management and Financial Management.
- Effective communication techniques and skills for B2B & B2C marketing with subjects such as Media Communications, Integrated marketing strategies and Digital Services.
- The fundamentals of the fashion industry with subjects such as Fashion Dynamics, Fashion Psychology, Merchandising, which give a comprehensive understanding of the customer experience and how to adapt to change.
- Sustainable practices in the fields of Fashion, Technology and Events of the future to understand the nature and scope of business in the future through an understanding and awareness of the present scenario.
- Case Studies, Live Talks and Interaction with important Industry personnel will help the students identify their area of specialisation; and to focus on this area during the internship. The final dissertation will be a culmination of all the knowledge and experience gathered throughout the four semesters of the program.
- Understanding and applying the skills and techniques required to become an effective and efficient fashion/lifestyle business entrepreneur and/or event manager.
- Identify the current and evolving working principles of the fashion industry; acquire the knowledge for understanding customer psyche, current market trends and future requirements of the industry.
- Use appropriate skills to work out the finance/budgeting of events and/or business and make effective decisions that promote and market fashion brands.
Upon successful completion of the two-year MBA in Fashion Business and Event Management, and based on acquired skills and abilities, the graduates qualify for various roles that are not restricted to: Startups and Project Management; Business Owner; Business Consultant; Business Strategist; Marketing Manager; Retail Manager; Finance Manager; Freelance Project Manager; Brand Manager; Trend Forecaster.
The program through its pedagogy fosters the development of skills and aptitude needed to organise and manage an effective business whether it caters to fashion or lifestyle. The students are also trained and familiarised with efficient decision making methodologies and processes in order to meet the needs and demands of the changing creative industries, through an approach that is versatile and adaptable. The course develops its students for a plethora of jobs including but not limited to Merchandising, Spaces, Finance, Marketing, Event Planning, Entrepreneurial Management, Production, Distribution and Sales of Fashion products.
- Dynamics of Fashion
- Consumer Behaviour & Psychology
- Trend & Events Forecasting
- Research Philosophy
- CAD Basics
- Project Work
- Apparel Production
- Fashion Marketing
- Brand Management
- Event Management & Planning
- Exhibition & Space Design
- Project Work
- Communication Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Event Hospitality & Catering
- Media Management
- Fashion Law
- Project Work
- Event Budgeting & Revenue
- Vendor Management
- Sustainability, Tech & Connected Events
- Fashion Entrepreneurship