The Diploma in Fashion Design is a 1 year fast-track weekend program offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Goa that is structured for the benefit and swift understanding of the basics that is necessitated in becoming a fashion designer. This program will provide the student with the comprehensive knowledge on the basics of pattern-making, draping, design thinking that is imperative in creating a collection or an individual garment.
Through this program, the student will be taking back a fully curated portfolio that will support them in showcasing their creative skill set that they have learnt over the course of the program.
- Fundamental knowledge in CAD, pattern-making and garment construction
- Foundational knowledge in theoretical and practical experimentation.
- Upskill in illustrating and visualizing the garment along with the detailings to be added.
- Importance and procedure involved in the Design thinking Process
- Essentials of digital illustrations with the help of Adobe softwares.
The Diploma in Fashion Design enables the aspiring designer to:
- Obtain knowledge on the fundamentals of Fashion Design, and new ways of experimenting and working which help in expanding its scope and possibilities.
- Advancement to a freethinking creative identification by utilizing their knowledge to curate a collection of garments as well as question the relevance of their creative practice.
- Basic understanding with regards to design collections as per the current trends and the upcoming trends with the help of Fashion forecasting.
- Assistant Fashion Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Columnist & Writer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Retail Merchandiser
- Retail Buyer
The Diploma in Fashion Design weekend program is:
- Established to specifically fast-track the course for fashion design aspirants to help them in making a mark in the industry through a short term program.
- The program is assisted by state of the art facility, modern technology, and industry driven accreditations
- Provides guidance in developing creative and critical thinking abilities and provides the students with a place to unfold their imagination and bring it to life.
- Foundation Studies
- Fashion Thinking and Design Process
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Illustration
- Garment Manufacturing Techniques
- Pattern Making Techniques
- Clothing Culture and Communication
- Introduction to Textiles
- Textile Wet-Processing
- Portfolio Development
- Final Range Development