JD Design Awards 2022 Is Coming To Goa On 25th August, 2022
Goa, 2022: JD Institute of Fashion Technology Goa is pleased to announce their participation in JD Design Awards 2022. It is a platform for the students of the institute to showcase their talent and learning. It serves as an opportunity to the aspiring designers to take up challenges, come up with innovative design solutions and present them to the industry.
The JDDA 2022 has explored the moment of epiphany that humankind went through during the unpredictable lockdown periods. When the unprecedented lockdown started, humanity understood the importance of nature and connection. In order to bring forth the same, JDDA went ahead with the theme of SYNC with nature.
The theme had been given by the JDDA board members to bring thought-provoking ideas that will help in curing the Earth and solve numerous problems through the means of design. The creative minds of JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Goa, have worked over garments and interior spaces making a statement that reaches the mass.
The aspiring designers are soon going to put forward ensembles and design solutions that meet the various necessities of the Earth and its beings. A few concepts that designers are exploring; using natural dyes for the fabric by repurposing flowers from the discarded garlands, curating ensembles by taking inspiration from the Portuguese houses, making vegan leather and more.
“In the new age, design has evolved, it is no more just an art but a solution to worldly problems. The designers are working around the clock to give life to their concepts. There has been a constant run and numerous conceptualizations since the theme announcement of the JDDA 2022 to bring forth the best ideas. They explored and implemented various solutions. They aspired and inspired, all for a better planet. They are no more just designing, they are changing and revolutionizing, to save the Earth for the future generation.” says Nealesh Dalal, Managing Trustee- JD Educational Trust.
This year’s JDDA is being hosted in six different cities; Goa, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Cochin with 500+ participants. The award show has a legacy of 34 long years and has given rise to responsible designers with its unique theme. The event at Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Cochin has culminated in a grand manner, honoring the designers who presented the best.
Fashion Designers In Spotlight
- Natividade- DENISHA ANN AUBAN MYRABO FERNANDES- A mix of traditional and contemporary design by taking inspiration from Portuguese houses.
- Dare to be the Dandelion- ANAMIKA ISHWAR RAJ CHAUHAN- A collection that highlights the bold trait of dandelion flowers.
- Raponn- Britney Pacheco- The collection that aims to raise awareness about sea pollution.
- Nature’s Footprint- JEZRIL MARTINS- Using the discarded garlands, the designer prepares natural dye for the ensembles.
- Only One Earth- HRUTIKA BHALCHANDRA SALGAONKAR- The collection uses vegan leather along with linen fabric.
- After the after party- VIPUL VISHNU GAONKAR- The collection draws inspiration from death and decay.
- Flourish- DIONNE JOANNA DIAS- The collection is curated out of old and discarded clothes.
- Nature’s Soul- Joyna Joao Fernandes- The collection highlights the beauty of nature.
Interior Designers In Spotlight
- Just Feel It, An Experience Center- Arpita Goel- The space that provides augmented experience of multiple human emotions.
- Woodvale-taken over by nature- Oswina Renny Fernandes- The restaurant that creates an untouched jungle experience.
- Combined care- Sakina Banu Moulali Shaikh- The space that has a safe and happy living environment.
- Re-designing an Indo Portuguese Home- Paloma Leona Fernandes- Restoration of an Indo-Portuguese house into a Goan brewed alcohol museum.