Monsoon can come as a relief after the intense heat but not for your fashion accessories. While we enjoy the rainy season our ensembles tend to get damaged if they are not rain-proof.
Apart from the fact that you have rainproof accessories like raincoats, boots and coats. Here are some ways you can take care of your fashion accessories in the monsoon.
Jewellery reacts differently when it comes to extreme weather conditions. Here’s how to keep the jewellery new for a long time.
- Gold ornaments must be cleaned with warm soapy water.
- Pearls, corals, or amber should be preserved in separate boxes.
- They should not be mixed with other jewels because scratches are unavoidable.
- Silver jewellery should be kept in individual, airtight bags made of paper with anti-tarnish properties.
- One way to clean the silver jewellery is by using toothpaste along with a soft cotton cloth.
- You can also go for a ‘silver dip’ to regain its lustre.
Canvas Bags and Shoes
Protect your canvas bags and shoes with these hacks:
- Use translucent candles and rub them all over your shoes and bags.
- Run a hot air blower until the wax melts into the fabric.
- Canvas shoes have white edges which can get dirty during rainy reason, use toothpaste and then clean it with wet wipes or a moist towel.
Rain proofing your phone is vital as they are the most used devices irrespective of the weather. Waterproof cases are your phones best friend during rains.
During monsoon we love our leathers, be it boots or jackets we love flaunting our leathers. But during the monsoon moisture from the air gets collected in the leather. This in turn increases the risk of fungus which may feed on the leather. It is better not to use leather during rain. Leather usually requires extra care, needs some ventilation to prevent mildew and decay. The longer you wait to treat your leather accessories, the more difficult it will be to clean them.
Here are a few instructions in case you can’t do without your leather:
- To avoid fungus, keep your leather accessories dry. You can dry your shoes with a cloth and insert newspaper or toilet paper in them to absorb moisture.
- Clean your shoes before storing them.
- Never dry your leather bag or shoes in bright sunlight or near a heater.
- For your shoes, use a wax-based polish and a waterproofing compound for bags and belts.