Roti scrub is the latest skincare fad which not many people know about. Indian households can’t do without their favorite comfort which is roti/ chapati/ Indian flatbread.
Rotis are a rich source of fibre and protein, but every household does have leftover Rotis which are usually discarded or thrown away.
Before you throw away your chapatis. Hold on. Did you know that they can be used as a natural scrub for skincare? Yes, bizarre as it sounds it is one of the most effective fads for glowing skin. Your stale Rotis can make a great scrub for your skin.
How does the Roti scrub help your skin?
Roti scrub helps in fighting dry skin by removing dead skin and spots from your face. The scrub doesn’t just include roti but other super ingredients like oats, milk cream, rosewater and turmeric powder to make your skin feel healthy.
What you need:
- Stale Rotis (2)
- Oats (2 Tablespoon)
- Milk cream (Two tablespoons)
- Rosewater (Four tablespoons)
- Turmeric powder (Half a tablespoon)
Steps to make Roti scrub:
- Grind the stale Rotis in a mixer and make a fine powder.
- Grind the oats, separately.
- Add cream, rose water and turmeric. Stir well.
- Add oats powder in the mix and beat all the ingredients.
- Add a few more drops of rose water to make the paste smooth.
How to apply:
- Apply the roti scrub mix on your face and neck.
- Keep it on for 10 minutes.
- Soak your fingers in rose water and massage your face, neck and hands in a circular motion for five minutes each.
- Rinse it off.