JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore, Cochin and Goa offer Postgraduate Diploma or PG Diploma in Interior Design. Introducing students to the fundamentals of the field, the cohort is supported to gain an advanced understanding and application of its methodologies and offer solutions that address the issues faced in its current practice. The program offers an understanding of the market trends and the ability to interpret cultural and social parameters in order to formulate forecasts. The pedagogy aims to train the next generation of interior designers
PG Diploma in Interior Design incorporates design foundation studies and theory with its studio practice to enquire how they inform each other in expanding their scope and potential. The program trains students in the various material and communication studies, along with technical and digital tools that reflect the current standards of the interior design industry. The pedagogy supports a holistic approach by covering the various nuances that inform the field such as product and landscape design; and the students are encouraged to challenge the existing methodologies of working and practice, and formulate new ways of working.
The two-year PG Diploma in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Allows students to develop their skills in conceptualisation, creative thinking, analytical ability and technical mediums; help realise their creative identity and areas of specialisation.
- Enquire how functionality and aesthetics inform each other.
- Encourages students to get involved in creative and interdisciplinary collaborations to foster innovation in their specialised areas of study.
- Enable the student to identify issues and concerns in the current practice of interior design.
- Develops the ability of students to interpret market trends and the aptitude to formulate forecasts as well as new methodologies of working.
- Allows students to explore the scope and potential of interior design by integrating an approach that is informed by theory and practice.
Post completion of the two-year PG Diploma in Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- Acquire the skills to visual and verbally articulate their ideas and concepts through both technical and creative mediums, supported by a pedagogy that values innovation and experimentation.
- Identify issues and potential concerns of the industry, and offer effective solutions that are adaptable and versatile.
- Develop a personal identity and realise areas of specialisation and interest.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of innovative materials, sense of space planning, Indian art and crafts, heritage, design standards, and how to execute projects with maximum efficiency.
- Conceptualise and design interior spaces for homes, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces; develop a sensitivity to the requirements of various spaces and built environments.
- Develop the skills to be an efficient and effective entrepreneur.
- Develop a practice that is sensitive and empathetic which helps them develop a craft that is efficient, original and creative.
PG Diploma in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology will open up your career in the following roles:
- Interior Stylist
- Interior Journalism
- Visual Merchandiser
- Graphic Designer
- Retail Space Designer
- Commercial Interior Designer
- Institutional Interior Designer
- Residential Interior Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Spatial Designer
- Spatial Design Consultant
- Product Design Educator
- Facility Manager
- CAD Designer
- Product Designer
Through the PG Diploma in Interior and Spatial Design students will have the capacity to:
- Develop an understanding of the issues facing the interior design industry and provide effective and adaptable solutions.
- Develop personalised design and problem solution methodologies; identify and develop areas of specialisation and expertise.
- Ability to identify and suggest space saving strategies and ways of converting space into more functional and efficient environments.
- Associate and collaborate with various designers, firms and design colleges.
- Work on live industry projects with industry experts as the curriculum demands.
- Present their work to professionals and experts as part of seminars and workshops and get their feedback on the same.
- Develop technical and digital skills that are upto industry standards.
- Design Thinking
- Material Sourcing
- Architectural Graphics
- Design Studies
- Communication Design 1 – Presentation Techniques
- History of Interior Design
- Furniture Design
- Space Design
- SketchUp & V-Ray
- Estimation & Costing
- Communication Design II – Research Methodologies & Writing in Design
- Restaurant Project
- Landscape Design
- Lighting & Acoustics in Interiors
- Visual Merchandising
- Communication Design III – Graphic Design
- Dissertation A (Part 1/2)
- Dissertation B (Part 1/2)
- Business of Interior Design
- Vocational Studies
- Dissertation A (Part 2/2)
- Dissertation B (Part 2/2)
There are no reviews yet.