FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
A fashion photography workshop was organised by JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Cochin, which was conducted by renowned Fashion Photographer,
Mr. Reji Bhaskar.
Mr. Bhaskar is a recipient of five state awards for photography. Apart from fashion photography, he is well versed with advertising, industrial and high-end wedding photography too. Apart from being a professional photographer, he also conducts photography classes. Mr. Bhaskar educated the students about the importance of fashion photography, portfolio shoot, styling and indoor lighting.
Fashion photography is fast paced and focuses on showcasing clothes and accessories. Over a period of time, fashion photography has developed its own aesthetic with beauty of clothes, models, and accessories, enhanced by the use of exotic locations, storylines and stylized photographic techniques.
However, there are different types of fashion photography namely, Fashion Editorials, Beauty Editorials, Commissioned Editorials, Spec Shoot, Test Shoot and Commercial Photography.
Some of the skills that a fashion photographer requires are:
- Work with studio lighting in order to enhance the best features of the models
- Produce unique, creative and artistic concepts that will attract consumers
- Be able to conduct photo shoots in a variety of locations and be able to work well with varying light conditions
- Coordination with fashion stylists, art directors, agents and fashion editors
- Bring out the best in models during photo shoots.
At the end of the session, the students with the guidance of Mr. Bhaskar did a photoshoot. They incorporated the skills gathered from the workshop and the knowledge from their classes.