Features of Scandinavian interior design
Features of Scandinavian interior design are what makes Scandinavian design not limited to a region or time. Scandinavian interior design is a timeless style of living that embraces simplicity and subtlety in its designs. What is efficient about Scandinavian interior design is its ability to not seem redundant despite being regarded as a widely accepted style of interior design.
In this blog, we tell you the salient features of Scandinavian interior design that forms the crux of the classic style of interior design:
- Muted colours: Scandinavian design boasts muted colours in its package. If one observes keenly, Scandinavian interiors are dominated by white colours. If not white, Scandinavian design utilizes muted colours including shades of grey, blue and green. Muted colours are often chosen to bring about a sense of uniformity, cohesiveness and subtly in the interiors of the house.
- Wood: Wood is another dominant feature seen in Scandinavian interiors. Not just any or every wood, light woods specifically are used in abundance for the interiors including walls, flooring and furniture irrespectively.
- A big NO to cluttered spaces: Scandinavian design disfavors cluttered spaces. Be it the living room or the kitchen, this style of interior design is all about making a space uniform, cutting down all unnecessary things that make a space overcrowded or overly vibrant in nature, texture or colour.
- Uphold all organic: Scandinavian interiors are a big fan of organic elements. Interior designers often promote their clients to add organic accessories to their home decor purchase list. Organic elements include a large part of green plants to add a crude layer to the outlook of the interiors.
- Exceeding natural light: Who doesn’t like a bright living room with abundant natural light striking through the window? If truth be told, natural light beaming into the interiors of a house surpasses every other element in the interior design of a space. In fact, copious natural light attests to contemporary interior design that all adore.
Features of Scandinavian interior design form the foundation of one of the most popular styles of interior design around the globe. Apart from originating in the Nordic countries of the world, Scandinavian design has laid its footprint in the nook and corner of the world. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is an arch design institute in Bengaluru offering a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program. The program focuses on providing aspiring interior designers the perfect combination of theory and practical exposure to make them potential interior designers in the industry.