An interior design portfolio is the entry ticket to a career in interior design. Whether you are a newbie in the field of interior design or an experienced professional interior designer, an interior design portfolio is indispensable. An interior design portfolio is a piece of evidence you present to your prospective clients for them to make an informed decision.
Do you know how to create the best interior design portfolio that makes you stand out from the rest of your competitors? What is the secret to creating an exceptional interior design portfolio? Here are a few tips:
1. Decide whether you want to create a physical or e-portfolio. It is advised to create a portfolio of each type as it comes in handy in times of need.
2. Creating an interior design portfolio is vitalof the interior design that you have created in the past.
3. If you are a fresher, consider giving your own home an interior makeover incorporating your styles and techniques.
4. A before and after image of the room with the interior design shows off your true interior design skills and talent.
5. Despite the creative designs you add to your portfolio, some clients feel the need to see if you are formally trained in interior design. It is an added advantage if you add in your certificates that recognize you as an interior designer.
6. If you are associated with an interior design company, the trust in the clients is built within, whereas if you wish to sell your luxury interior design as an independent interior designer, you will have to put in more hard work to get recognized as a qualified interior designer.
7. Add business cards and contact information at the end of the portfolio to give a call-to-action button.
Interior design portfolio is a compelling element of interior design. Especially, interior design as a field is showing lucrative opportunities amid the growing competition in the field. It demands competent interior designers to excel in the field. JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program providing skilled interior design graduates to this dynamic field with their versatile teaching-learning methodology.