How to design the perfect living room?
A living room can be perfected to check the box of ‘the best living room’. While designing the perfect living room is not easy, but it is definitely not impossible. A perfect living room is a combination of style, space, colours and most importantly, comfort. If you pull all the strings rightly, then you have gifted yourself, your ideal living room.
1. Plan A is always planning: Without planning, the project to creating the flawless living room cannot be launched. Planning involves imagining the final look of your living room before commencing the process.
2. Know your measurements: This is a basic step in the process of interior design. Jot down the measurements of the living room space before heading out to make a furniture purchase. You don’t want to buy a set of sofa that probably doesn’t fit right in your living room space.
3. Do you have a picture of your dream living room? If you have worked with an interior designer, you would know this. The first thing an interior designer asks his client is ‘how do you picture your living room?’ This is important for the interior designer to have a picture of the living room he or she is designing for you.
4. Pick your style: There are so many different styles of interior design. Pick your favourite style to design your living room with. Styles of interior design include modern, contemporary, relaxed, formal, warm, farmhouse, etc.
5. Pick your sofa: What comes after deciding the style of your living room? It’s time to make the big purchase – sofa. So many things need to be kept in mind when choosing a sofa. The sofa needs to go well with the style of interior design you decided on for the living room earlier. It has to be of the right size and has to serve the purpose of providing maximum comfort to all.
6. Wall colour is the win or bust of living room: When you have got every factor right, wall colour is the next and probably the only factor which decides the effectiveness of other factors in the living room. Pick a wall colour that integrates well with the furniture in the living room. Wall colour inherently establishes the mood of the living room.
A living room can be made perfect by implementing the tips and tricks we gave you. These have proven to be successful catalysts in designing the perfect living room. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a leading institute in Bengaluru offering the best interior design education through vicarious courses it offers for aspiring interior designers who are ready to take on the challenges of interior design.