Interior design course – Key takeaways
Interior design course is more than just about the qualification. It is a vital component of an interior design career. While there are many professions that need no formal training and people excel to the optimum level in the career through continued experience in the industry, interior design is a blend of both theory and practice.
Key takeaways from an interior design course
While several design institutes offer interior design education, JD Institute of Fashion Technology in Bengaluru offers B.Sc. in Interior Design and Decoration in which students get first-on experience in planning a well-structured space and execute it in a way to make it a comfortable place meeting the purpose of the clients.
In this blog, we will discuss the key takeaways from an interior design course:
1. Space management: With the growing population and demand for space, space management is one of the most important concepts studied in an interior design course. How to create effective, modern and aesthetically pleasing interiors in a compact space is the key point that is largely upskilled to aspiring interior designers.
2. Colour psychology: Colour is the soul of interior design. It doesn’t matter even if your design for the house interior takes inspiration from the Victorian era, if you have picked the right colours to decorate your Victorian house, you are an expert interior designer. Having a solid knowledge of colours is essential to make spaces look bigger and this is exactly what is taught in an interior design course.
3. Virtual designing: It is through the guidance provided in an interior design course that students learn the technical aspects of designing. Although interior design is a creative process, aspiring interior designers need to understand certain advanced computer applications that are essential to solving the challenges the profession throws at them.
4. Latest design trends: An interior design course evolves its curriculum to meet the latest trends in interior design. One of the most important key takeaways, this involves being up to date with the latest tools and techniques, industry dynamics and equips aspiring interior designers to be a product of theoretical and practical knowledge.
Latest design trends
5. Portfolio: By the end of the interior design course, students are ready to enter the world of interior design. It is time for them to transfer the knowledge they received during the interior design course to a design portfolio. From teaching how to design a space to virtual designing, students are taught how to create a portfolio that is worthy enough to get them a job as soon as they step out of the course.
An interior design course is an amalgamation of theory and practice of the art of designing with the pinch of technical knowledge that helps aspiring interior designers strive in their careers and find success in their journey.