International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st June annually to celebrate India’s ancient tradition of Yoga. World Yoga Day is India’s gift to the world to drive millions of people to make yoga a part of their lifestyle.
Modernization and globalization have elevated the need to turn to a fast-paced life. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi in 2014 put forth his suggestion for the need to celebrate yoga day during his speech at the UN General Assembly. Since then, yoga has become a part of every individual’s life and is gaining immense significance.
In this blog, we discuss simple yoga asanas that one can add to their daily routine:
1. Cat pose: Cat pose also known as Majaryasana is a simple yoga asana that benefits the body and mind through stretching the spine, back muscles and neck. This pose stimulates blood flow in the wrists and increases the circulation of spinal fluid.
2. Low lunge: Low lunge is a perfect warm-up yoga pose that helps relieve tight hips and thigh muscles. It is one of the most common yoga poses that anybody irrespective of age limit can perform as a part of the daily routine.
3. Trikonasana: Trikonasana, also known as the triangle pose, is a simple standing pose that activates the core muscles. By strengthening the spine. Trikonasana is regarded as an effective yoga asana to reduce stress and enhance flexibility and calmness.
4. Salabhasana: Salabhasana is an intermediate yoga asana that is a source of strength, flexibility and has immense health benefits. This pose is also called a grasshopper case and burns abdominal fat and strengthens the back muscles.
5. Gomukhasana: Gomukhasana is a holistic yoga asana that is believed to pose immense health benefits including correcting the structure and relieve stress and anxiety. Gomukhasana is believed to keep the sexual life healthy with enhanced production of sex hormones.
International Day of Yoga has stimulated the importance of yoga in daily life. With work from home and quarantine, physical activity has reduced to a bare minimum. This is hazardous and yoga is the perfect way to instill positivity in the mind and body of individuals. JD Institute of Fashion Technology wishes all a Happy World Yoga Day.