Leather furniture is one of those very few interior design elements that people consider as more of an investment. As much as it is about the physical beauty that leather adds to the interiors, it is equally about maintaining the leather in a good condition to make sure it lasts for a long time.
However, oil stains are a huge threat to leather furniture. You can spill oil while getting a good head massage or you are just negligent that you end up spilling oil on the surface of the leather.
How to clean leather from oil stains then? Don’t you worry because we have come up with easy-to-handle solutions that help in getting rid of those tough oil stains from the leather:
1. Talcum powder
Can you believe that leather furniture ruined with tough oil stains can be repaired using something as simple as talcum powder? Talcum powder absorbs oil and helps in getting off the oil stains from leather.
HOW TO USE
- Sprinkle talcum powder on the oil-stained area.
- Press the surface gently.
- Let it settle overnight.
- Remove the powder using a tissue.
2. A simple liquid detergent
A simple liquid detergent can help in taking the oil stains off leather. Liquid detergent is especially useful in pulling out recent oil stains.
HOW TO USE
- Take a damp cloth and dip it into liquid detergent.
- Dab the surface of the leather filled with oil stains.
- Let the surface dry completely before cleaning it.
- Repeat the procedure a couple of times to get effective results.
Apart from brightening the favor of food, vinegar helps in breaking down the rigidness of oil stains on the surface of leather. Cleaning leather sofa using vinegar is again a simple process.
HOW TO USE
- Dip a cotton ball in the vinegar solution.
- Run the cotton ball on the surface of the leather in a circular motion.
- Repeat the process.
- Use a fresh cloth to wipe off the oil stains.
Leather is an exorbitant investment to make. Albeit, it is worth all the money and effort. Hence, make sure to manage your leather with the utmost care. Follow the tips we mentioned to rip off the oil stains from your leather furniture. Follow the best interior design institute in India to fulfill your dream of interior design education.