Interior Designer Qualifications, Qualification For Interior Designing Course
Interior Designer Qualifications
Interior design is fast becoming one of the interesting career choices among the more artistic, creative and business minded individuals. As there is more demand for interior designers, more and more people are beginning to look at interior design as a valid career pathway with job prospects across a variety of industries such as construction and hospitality sector.
Many institutes have also stated offering courses in interior design and most companies looking to hire an interior designer also look for candidates with interior designer qualification. The courses currently being offered by institutes for interior designing is:
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology
- Hamstech Institute of Fashion & Interior Design
- Academy of Applied Arts
- International Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT), Chandigarh
This certification can be important as many clients looking for interior designers look for candidates with interior designer qualifications.
Qualification for BSc. Interior Designing Course:
- Individuals keen on pursuing a BSc, in Interior Designing, which is a three-year-long course need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- They should have passed 10+2 or any equivalent qualification with at least 40% marks.
- Some of the colleges require the applicant to take the All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED). This exam is conducted for students who seek admission to undergraduate courses in interior designing. This exam is carried out in January and April, generally.
Qualification for Diploma in Interior Designing Course:
As stated before, candidates applying for a diploma in interior design need to have passed their 10 + 2 or equivalent exam and secured at least 50% (40% to 45% for reserved category candidates) marks from a recognized state or central board.
In addition, there are further eligibility requirements, such as:
- The candidate shall not have any backlog in any of the subject/subjects at the class 12th or equivalent level. The candidate should clear all such backlogs before applying for admission.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria, colleges or institutes may have their own customised eligibility criteria which will have to be met by students in order for them to secure admission into the course
- Reserved category students will need to present their reservation certificates issued by competent authorities to avail the benefits applicable to them at the time of admission.
- Some institutes may have an entrance test which candidates may be required to pass.
Qualification for MBA in Interior Designing Course:
Candidates aspiring to pursue an MBA in interior designing should have completed a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree from any recognised university with a minimum of 45% marks. This is a two-year long course.
What Qualifications Do You Need to Be An Interior Designer
Interior designer qualification can go a long way in helping candidates to secure work in the interior designing field.
- Admissions for the diploma in interior design being offered across India by specialist institutes and universities are usually done on the basis of merit, i.e., the marks that candidates have secured in their class 12 board examinations or equivalent.
- In addition, the admission process to the diploma in interior design also usually has a qualifying exam or entrance exam which interested candidates will need to pass or clear.
- Colleges or institutes offering qualification for interior designing course usually require aspirants to have secured a minimum of 50% marks at the class 12 level in order to be given admission to the course.
- This percentage of marks is usually lowered for reserved category candidates.
Since the diploma in interior design is an initial level certification, the focus of the course is generally on providing an introductory framework to the fundamental principles of the course being undertaken. Holistic knowledge is imparted and fundamental concepts and principles covering interior design are covered. Those interested in further advancing their knowledge in Interior Design can opt to go in for an advanced diploma in interior design, which is also offered by a select few institutes in India.
- Interior designer qualifications and courses are structured with a view to dissipating practical knowledge along with a strong theoretical base upon which students can build on.
Candidates passed out with a Diploma in Interior Design can look to get employment across a variety of industries and for a variety of roles. They can look at getting employment in firms operating within, for example, the Theatre, Film and TV industry, Exhibition Centres, Construction firms, Event management companies, etc.
Top Institutes offering Diploma in Interior Design
There are quite a few colleges or institutes across India offering interior designer qualifications to candidates that have passed their 10 + 2 or equivalent exams from a recognized state or central board or institute. Some of the more popular institutes or colleges offering interior designer qualifications to eligible candidates are:
|JD Institute of Fashion Technology||Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi|
|Hamster Institute of Fashion and Interior Design||Hyderabad|
|Academy of Applied Arts||New Delhi|
|Inter National Institute of Fashion Design||New Delhi|
|Madras Institute of Fashion Technology||Chennai|
|Apeejay Institute of Design||New Delhi|
|WLCI School of Fashion||Pune|
|International Academy of Fashion Technology||Haridwar|
|Axis Institute of Fashion Technology||Kanpur|