Types of raw materials used to make furniture vary based on several factors. Furniture has been an intricate part of the interior design of a house. It is certainly a huge investment. You need to be satisfied with the choice of furniture you make because you are going to be stuck with that piece of furniture for a minimum of one year even if you do not appreciate it.
There are different types of raw materials used to make furniture. In this blog, we will discuss briefly the popular types of raw materials used in interior design:
1. Wood: Wood is by far the most abundantly used raw material in interior design to make a furniture piece. From sofas to beds to tables to even flooring, wood is profusely used to make furniture of numerous shapes, sizes and forms. It forms a strong raw material that is comparably affordable to other raw materials.
2. Glass: Glass is a unique raw material used by manufacturers to create furniture. Glass tables are popularly used for dining and decorative purposes. Although it needs to be cautiously looked after, it surely lets out a stylish vibe in the interiors of space.
3. Stainless steel: Stainless steel like other types of raw materials is highly durable and affordable. The high point of stainless steel is that it does not easily corrode or rust to changing environmental conditions.
4. Leather: Leather is extensively used to make sofas. They reflect luxury, comfort and durability. Leather sofas are suitable for rough use and are loved by children. These are available in different colours making them all the more popular.
5. Cane: Cane is a raw material that has been in the manufacturing process for centuries. In 2021, cane has been improvised to make innovative furniture pieces. This material is preferred by interior designers for its easy manufacturing as cane can be bent to any shape and size with more ease.
Types of raw materials are improvising every day and interior designers are being fed with distinctive options to design the interiors of space. If your passion lies in interior design, JD Institute of Fashion Technology is the perfect destination for aspiring interior designers. Read more about the courses JD Institute offers here.