Types of stairs implemented in the interior design of a house are based on numerous factors. Everyone desires a modern staircase as much as they desire a modern interior design. Different types of stairs are on the top of the interior design trends in 2021. Taking into account several factors including choice of materials, chosen layout, dimensions of the space and of course budget, the different types of stairs you can choose for your house interior include:
Types of stairs
1. Straight stairs: The most common type of stairs seen in both residential and commercial spaces, straight stairs present a single straight undeviating flight without any curve or change in direction. Straight stairs come with a wide variety of railings choices that ensure safety.
2. L-shaped stairs: This type of stairs is a variegated style of straight stairs that come with a bend in some portion of the stair. The bend is usually at a 90-degree angle and opens the option to place the stairs in any corner of the living room.
3. U-shaped stairs: This is a classic type of stairs that is often defined as two straight stairs placed parallel to one another that are joined by a landing opening to a 180-degree turn.
4. Winder stairs: The interior design procedure executed to set up winder stairs is a bit more complicated than straight or L-shaped stairs. Winder stairs are a modern staircase implemented in a house interior and come with an L-shaped landing stair instead of a flat landing. These stairs are visually more appealing than straight stairs. However, it is difficult to combine hand railings with winder stairs owing to the complex landing stair pattern.
5. Spiral stairs: Popularly known to suit a compact living room, spiral stairs are designed around a center pole. Although spiral stairs are difficult to navigate, they look very attractive in a modern interior design.
6. Curved stairs: Accredited as traditional styles of interior design, this type of stairs has no landing stairs. This type of stairs follows a complicated procedure to design and has a continuous follow from start to finish.
Types of stairs that contemporary interior designers implement are contingent on the needs and preferences of the client. Irrespective of that being said, it lies on the expertise of the interior designer to offer the best interior design and only competent ones can do this. JD Institute of Fashion Technology in Bengaluru offers a Diploma in Interior Design during the course of which students are equipped with the latest interior design trends to push them to experiment with their creative energies to make them potential interior designers.