What is the College fee structure? Is it important to understand the fee structure?
A fee structure is a chart that categorically lists out the fee and expenses specific to a course in a college. Most colleges list the fee and expenses with respect to each semester in every year. Here are 7 factors you need to consider when looking at a fee structure listed out to help you out in your search for a course and a college in the designing industry.
1. Tuition – The tuition charges in the fee structure for a specific course in a college is the fee charged by the institution or college or university for instruction. The instruction fee is the one that is often referred to as the tuition fee. Tuition fee usually takes into account the infrastructure, faculty and the resources the college spends to give you the instruction. So, the tuition fee provided should generally justify the availability of resources necessary for you to pursue the specific course in a college of your choice.
We at JD Institute of Fashion Technology have seasoned faculty experienced in helping the growth and progress of their students for over 34 years, since 1988. JD Institute of Fashion Technology has campus presence pan-India and supporting smart infrastructure and cutting-edge technology that caters to every course. We at #JDInstitute helps our students explore and expand their creative horizon.
2. Books & Supplies – One other important part of the fee structure that you need to pay attention to, is the books and supplies section. This section lists the mandatory books and necessary supplies in the fee structure. If this fee is not integrated with the tuition, you need to pay attention to this section on the fee structure. Books and supplies section, usually given along with the fee structure, ensures to give you an idea about the personal expenses that you would need to bear as a student enrolled for a specific course in the institution or college.
3. Admission Fee – Most institutions charge an admission fee in the fee structure when you begin your enrolment. It always is a standard, mandatory fee and a one-time payment at the beginning of your enrolment for a specific course in the institution/college.
Check our admissions portal for various design courses in Fashion designing, Fashion Communication, Interior designing, Interior and spatial design, Graphic design, Product design, Jewellery design, Photography, Hair & Make-up.
4. Security Deposit – The security deposit is mostly refundable and it is paid as a one-time deposit to the institution or college along with the admission fee in the fee structure. The security deposit is charged to each individual student to ensure the safety and protection of the infrastructure and tangible assets of the institution. The charges are generally returned to the payee after the term of enrolment with the institution or college.
5. Term of payment – The term of payment is another important part of the fee structure to understand. The term of payment will vary with the number of years and the number of semesters in each year. Most colleges charge a semester fee, which is once in a 6-month period. For example: For a 3 years course, you would be expected to make 6 different payments, for every six-month period.
Checkout the fee structure of our Designing courses available with JD Institute of Fashion Technology. For following courses, Diploma, BVA degree, Degree, Advanced diploma, Master Degree in several design courses across industries in Fashion Designing, Fashion Communication, Interior designing, Jewellery designing, Product designing, Graphic designing, Photography.
6. Miscellaneous expenses – After reading this rather long list of fees, you’re probably freaking out over how you’re going to afford it all. The best advice I can give is: buy a little at a time. Do not rush out to buy the essentials for the course, as soon as you get your admission. Hold off until your first month to figure out what kind of supplies you would be needing. But if you make sure you take care of all your equipment, it will definitely last you through college and beyond!
7. Mode of Payment – The most important part of the fee structure is to check if the website and the institution is legit. The new foreign universities affiliation with Indian institutions turns out to be a scam operation to swindle money from you. Always check if the website is safe and secure that begins with https:// and not http:// even if it looks like it is redirecting you to an appropriate internet banking site.
Always check and double check and know the difference. If it is a http:// site, it means the site is not a registered site and the payment portals may be compromised. All legit institutions and colleges ensure to have uncompromised website links to ensure the safety and privacy of the students seeking admission for any given course with their institute or college or university.
Safe – https://
Not Safe – http://
Now that you have an understanding of the fee structure, check the entry requirements to enrol for admission in a specific course you might be interested in, check out our website JD Institute of Fashion Technology.