Body odor is a hush-hush topic and people usually avoid talking about it. Everyone has a distinct natural body odor and sometimes it turns not a bad one due to certain factors depending on the person’s diet, gender, health, and medication.
Nevertheless, body odor can be taken care of. Here are a few things you need to know about body odor and how it is caused?
How is body odor caused?
Body odor is an unpleasant smell caused by the breakdown of bacteria on the body into protein and certain acids that causes the smell.
“Often, body odor is prevalent in obese individuals, people who eat spicy food on a regular basis, or people with medical conditions such as diabetes or hyperhidrosis,” as per experts.
5 top tips and tricks to get rid of body odor:
1. The first and the most important way is to maintain hygiene
2. Armpits are most commonly prone to body odor. Anti-bacterial soaps and keeping them hairless by waxing and shaving on a regular basis will help in reducing the body’s perspiration.
3. Deodorants help make the skin more acidic, making it more difficult for bacteria to thrive resulting in less sweat.
4. Avoid spicy food that can only make your sweat more pungent especially too much intake of red meat, as per experts.
5. Washing your feet at least once a day, preferably with warm water. Walk around bare feet for better blood circulation.