Characteristics that invoke the essence of traditional interior design are numerous. The branch of interior design is evolving every day and innovations have become the motto of interior designers. Albeit, traditional interior design remains to be a timeless style of interior design for centuries.
In this blog, we discuss principal characteristics of traditional interior design:
1. Colours: The interiors of traditional interior design are generally wrapped with neutral colours on the walls. Neutral colours are chosen to enhance the colours and designs of the remaining accessories including furniture, curtains etc.
2. Hardwood floors: Hardwood floors are the most picked choice of traditional design interior designers pick. Against the walls of neutral colours, hardwood floors accentuate the brightness in the interiors of the house.
3. Fireplaces: Fireplaces are a highlight of traditional design. The interiors of a traditional design are an inspiration from 17th and 18th-century European history. Fireplaces are even built to become the focal point of the room in large cases.
4. Furniture: Wood is a predominant element seen in houses with traditional interior design. Darkwoods are specially used for furniture items including desks, bureaus, chests, and drawers.
5. Windows and doors: Huge windows with wooden frames, mostly double windows are a classic representation of traditional interior design. The doors and windows of this kind are generally huge in size and tall in height.
6. Patterns: Patterns are a dominating feature seen in traditional interior design. Patterns including geometrical shapes and floral designs are widely used on wallpaper, cushions , pillows and floors.
Characteristics of traditional interior design are a reflection of life in the 18th century. A fascinating representation of art and architecture in traditional English designs, traditional interior design has been interiors designers’ evergreen choice. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a premier design institute in Bengaluru offering BSc. in Interior Design – Goa University – 3 Years.