The Advanced Diploma in Interior Design breaks down and analyses the multifaceted and interdisciplinary parameters that inform interior design. Through the analysis of its historical, cultural and social parameters, the course supports an environment where students are encouraged to think creatively and critically, and analyse the current condition of the industry. This enable them to lead a creative practice that situate themselves within the contemporary context and offer effective and innovative solutions that are relevant and responsive to the current climate. The course addresses the wide and evolving application of interior design and explores the relation between function, utility and aesthetics. Through various technical exploration, creative thinking development and external projects, the course prepares its students for the challenging demands of the interior design industry.
- The 3-year Advanced Diploma course in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Equips student with an understanding of various established interior design methodologies, and develops them to formulate new methodologies of practice.
- Help identify and develop areas of specialisation and enhance creative identity.
- Includes an interdisciplinary approach that focuses on a methodological and technical approach towards the practice of interior design.
- Develops the analytic and reasoning ability of students to create solutions that meet the functional and aesthetic standards, based on an empathic approach towards design.
- Provides comprehensive knowledge in the field of interior design via the study of various elements of architecture, material sourcing, lighting and decorations, soft furnishings, lifestyle and cultural preferences etc., and enquires their innovative application.
- Helps students gain a thorough understanding of the constantly evolving landscape of interior design by keeping in mind the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics, cultures and heritage.
Post completion of the Advanced Diploma course in Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- Conceptualise and design interiors for residences, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces, with an awareness of the differences between their requirements and demands.
- Develop creative and critical thinking abilities, and expand the scope of their specialisation.
- Find employment in diverse industries such as interior designers, event designers/consultants, freelance designers, space planners, visualiser, set designer, and interior decorators.
- Understand the synergy created between an individual and his/her surrounding space.
- Create functional concepts that will enhance the visual appeal and the comfort of the space.
The 3-year Advanced Diploma course in Interior Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology prepares its graduates for meeting the challenges of the real-world industry. Students can find employment opportunities in Architectural Firms, Hotels, Builders, Town Planning Bureaus, Private Consultancies, Hospitals, Public Works Department, Museums, Studios, Theatres, and Stores. They can also choose to work as a Freelance Design Consultant, Residential Interior Designer, Exhibition Designer, and in its related fields.
- Foundation Art
- Design Thinking
- Building Materials
- History of Interiors
- Building Construction
- Anthropometry & Ergonomics
- Product Design
- Design Contextual Studies
- Space Planning 1 – Residence
- Services 1 – Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC
- Space Planning 2 – Office
- Services 2- Interior Design Codes
- SKETCH-UP + V-RAY
- Interior Landscape
- Estimation & Costing
- 3DS MAX
- Space Planning 4 – Health Care Centre
- Office Training – Internship
- Schematic Detailing – Working Drawings
- Project Management
- Space Design 5- Hotels
- Thesis Project
- JD Annual Design Awards