JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore, Cochin and Goa offer a one-year Diploma in Fashion Design that introduces students to fashion design and its creative and technical processes. Students are encouraged to create and develop their own creative identity, and are supported to question the scope of their creative practice. The pedagogy of the program follows an experimental approach, and the students are trained to lead an efficient creative practice that is reliable and responsible in their real-world application.
Diploma in Fashion Design introduces students to the various fundamentals that inform fashion design practice and application. The program curriculum equips students with the skill and aptitude to be leaders of today and tomorrow, and to meet the demands and challenges of this dynamic field. Through training in pattern cutting, draping and garment construction, the students develop the ability to execute a fashion collection directed by a well researched design process. The program equips them with digital expertise and knowledge, and develops awareness and appreciation of various textile and artistic practices that enable them to be responsive fashion designers.
- Diploma in Fashion Design is developed to give the students intense training, help them develop their own collection that has the potential to expand the scope of the industry.
- The project-based fashion design course duration is 120 to 190 hours for each project, and is driven by a systematic and exploratory approach to research, creativity, imagination, technical development and marketing.
- The program enables an extensive awareness and application of the various parameters that affect its practice, from concept to consumer, including fabric analysis, and productions as gained from research and thematic work.
- The program relies on tracking the evolving trends, norms, cultural dynamics and innovations of the Indian and international Fashion industry.
- The students get an opportunity to showcase their collection on the runway to well-recognised people from the Industry.
Diploma in Fashion Design enable students to:
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of Fashion Design, and enquire new ways of working that expand its scope and potential.
- Develop an independent creative identity; use their knowledge to design their own collection and question the relevance of their creative practice.
- Design collections that are informed by the current trends as well as interpret future trends with the help of Fashion forecasting.
- Develop the skill and aptitude to set up their own design studio and/or establish their own brand.
With the help of one of the best and trend-setting Fashion Institutes of India, JD Institute of Fashion Technology, the graduates will be able to make a distinctive mark in the world of fashion. The fast track Diploma course in Fashion Designing equips one to establish their own brand, as well as work under different capacities such as:
- Fashion buyer
- Fashion Stylist
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fashion Columnist
- The one-year Diploma in Fashion Design is supported with the state of the art facility, ultra-modern technology and industry-driven accreditations.
- The intensive Diploma program is specifically developed as a one-year fast track course for fashion design aspirants who want to make a mark in a short period of time.
- The program develops creative and critical thinking abilities and provides the students with a space to unfold their imagination.
- The faculty is composed of industry experts who have the ability to develop and expand the potential of students to meet the demands of the current industry.
- The Diploma program inculcates a blend of classroom training with industrial practice, and makes one ready to take up internships and exciting placement opportunities that enable them to develop their practice.
- Fashion Thinking
- Design Process
- Fashion Illustration
- CAD (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Pattern Drafting
- Garment Construction Techniques
- Art and Costume Appreciation
- Fabric Manipulation and Ornamentation (Workshop)
- Fashion Merchandising and Marketing (Workshop)
- JD Design Awards