JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore, Cochin and Goa offer a three-month Diploma in Fashion Styling which is designed for individuals who are interested in making a career as a fashion stylist or as an image consultant.
Diploma in Fashion Styling introduces students to the fundamentals of styling and equips them with the skill to develop creative ways of working. Students explore areas such as Fashion Draping, Mannequin Styling, Personal and Client Styling, Budget based Styling, Makeup and Hair, coordinating looks and thematic shoots. The course follows a more practical and learning-through-exploration approach supported by industry exposure to help the students realise the responsibilities of a stylist.
The three-month Diploma in Fashion Styling offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Helps students learn and understand the various ways of styling; helps develop the ability to adapt styling needs based on individual clients.
- Provides the technical know-how to master editorial styling for different areas such as, advertisements, promotional platforms, films, fashion shows, and books.
- Gives an in-depth knowledge on different areas of styling photography, make-up, hair styling, post-production process.
- Explores the process of sourcing, props and accessories for various fashion styling shoots.
Post completion of the Diploma in Fashion Styling, the student will be able to:
- Accumulate an extensive knowledge about the roles and responsibilities of a stylist.
- Gain understanding of the workings of the world of fashion and different communication functionalities in both, national and international fashion markets.
- Develop a portfolio that showcases the different types of style and looks.
The need and requirement for a professional fashion stylist is on an all-time high, nationally and internationally. Post completion of the 3-months Diploma course in Fashion Styling offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology, you have a plethora of career opportunities in the world of fashion, art, and design. To list a few, you can:
- Start your own styling endeavour
- Work with the crème-de-la-crème of the Fashion industry and Fashion publication houses
- Build a career in product and editorial styling
- Begin your own enterprise on personal grooming and image consulting
- Develop a deeper understanding of fashion and lifestyle styling through industry exposure, workshops and internships.
- JD Institute has strong industry linkages that enable the students to build their network and professional connections.
- Participate in collaborative projects with other departments such as photography and makeup and hair.
- Orientation & Basics Of Fashion
- Epod Analysis & Coordinating Looks
- Fashion Accessory Making
- Product/Food Styling & Flat Lays Styling
- Personal Styling
- Budget-based Client Styling
- Fashion Styling With A Twist
- Mannequin Styling
- Fashion Draping
- Post-production (Adobe Photoshop)
- Makeup & Hair Styling
- Fashion Photography
- Fashion Styling Portfolio
- Creative Thematic Shoot