JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore and Cochin offer a one-year Diploma in Fashion Technology that introduces students to technical processes of Fashion. Students are encouraged to create and develop their own creative identity, and are supported to question the scope of their creative practice. The pedagogy of the program follows an experimental approach, and the students are trained to lead an efficient creative practice that is reliable and responsible in their real-world application.
Diploma in Fashion Techology introduces students to the various fundamentals that inform fashion design practice and application. The program curriculum equips students with the skill and aptitude to be leaders of today and tomorrow, and to meet the demands and challenges of this dynamic field. Through training in pattern cutting, draping and garment construction, the students develop the ability to master the technical aspects of garment creation. The program equips them with digital expertise and knowledge, and develops awareness and appreciation of various textile and artistic practices that enable them to be responsive fashion designers.
- Diploma in Fashion Technology is developed to give the students intense training in the technical process that has the potential to expand the scope of the industry.
- The project-based fashion technology course is driven by a systematic and exploratory approach to research, creativity, imagination, technical development and marketing.
- The program enables an extensive awareness and application of the various parameters.
Diploma in Fashion Technology enable students to:
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of Fashion Design, and enquire new ways of working that expand its scope and potential.
- Develop an independent creative identity; use their knowledge to manufacture their own garments and question the relevance of their creative practice.
- Develop the skill and aptitude to set up their own design studio and/or establish their own brand.
- A chance to study in a state-of-the-art facility that is equipped with modern and advanced technology as well as industry driven accreditations.
- An opportunity to develop and upskill creative practices as well as expand the scope and potential of the individual.
- Develop the basic skills involved required to be a fashion designer.
- Various Internship and placement opportunities with recognised fashion brands.
- A chance to display the aspirants collection at the JD Design Awards, which is widely recognised as one among the top fashion award events in India
With the help of one of the best and trend-setting Fashion Institutes of India, JD Institute of Fashion Technology, the graduates will be able to make a distinctive mark in the world of fashion. The fast track Diploma course in Fashion Technology equips one to establish their own brand, as well as work under different capacities such as:
- Fashion Entrepreneurs
- Pattern Masters
- Garment Manufacturing Managers
- Assistant Fashion Designers
- Introduction to Fashion and Design
- Introduction to Fashion Illustration and Technical Drawings
- Basics of Draping
- Pattern Drafting
- Garment Manufacturing Technology
- Knitwear Pattern Drafting (Workshop)
- Fabric Manipulation and Orientation
- Textile Appreciation
- Fashion Merchandising & Sourcing
- Fashion Entrepreunership and Boutique Management